Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Llu Line Share Pstn

This is a discussion on Llu Line Share Pstn within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Skys order for ' LLU LINE SHARE PSTN' was today completed by BT on my line. My engineer visit for ...

Johnny7 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: High Wycombe (SMHY)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Llu Line Share Pstn

Skys order for 'LLU LINE SHARE PSTN' was today completed by BT on my line.

My engineer visit for installation is 9th October, which means I have no BB for the next fortnight .... at least!!

Thanks Sky!
      John in High Wycombe

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry to see this John

It goes from the sublime to the ridiculous you get activated when your not ready and there are loads of members who's activation keeps getting pushed back, all this is really NUTS............
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

grumsta is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hinckley (EMHINCK)
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Could you not opt for self-installation? It's not hard at all, and there's a bunch of people here who'll help you through it.

I had the installation, and to be honest it was just a chap who unpacked it and plugged it in. He was nice enough, but he wasn't a tecchie!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes true and I was talking to Sky TV installation guy yesterday and I asked him if he did the routers yest and he said nope but soon as he had to go on a course first
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Johnny7 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: High Wycombe (SMHY)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grumsta View Post
      Could you not opt for self-installation?
      I did phone Sky last week as I saw this coming due to the pending orders on the BT Tracker. They said I would have to cancel my order and re-order, which would take longer than waiting the fortnight for the 'engineer'.

I am tempted to call Sky again and ask them if they could just order a router to be sent out, like a replacement for a faulty one, but I am concerned they would press a few wrong buttons and everything would get cancelled.

Patience is a virtue!

john
      Last edited by Johnny7; 26-09-06 at 08:56 AM.
      John in High Wycombe

tinx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham Carfax SDHRSHM
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Yes true and I was talking to Sky TV installation guy yesterday and I asked him if he did the routers yest and he said nope but soon as he had to go on a course first

I have a mate who is a sky installer and he wa stelling me that one of his colleagues was stuck on a sky broadband install for 4 hours as he couldn't ge tit to work, he couldn't understand when I told him it took me about 30 seconds to get mine up and running without any trouble at all.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep and thats one of the main problems with an engineer installation, if the line hasn't been activated when they come to install it they are totally lost and no matter how good the course is they would have to sort out so many types of possible computer problems they could well be on a hiding to nothing.
      Ray

click here