Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

crap sky broadband service

This is a discussion on crap sky broadband service within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; for both ADSL and ADSL MAX i see "Line Info: Compatibility issue found. This could be several things eg. existing ...

Chris25Uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: crap sky broadband service

for both ADSL and ADSL MAX i see
      "Line Info: Compatibility issue found. This could be several things eg. existing ADSL connection, pending ADSL order on line, ISDN, DACS, TPON, LLU, some alarm systems."
      at

SkyUser - Sky Broadband Availability and Exchange Checker underneath RAG Test Results

is that info even accurate

2. Advertisement
      Steven_Belfast is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Is there any one in the street you can lend a router and cables off to test,
      Its all ways better to get this sort of thing tested and out of the road now so if you need to call sky you can say its been done all ready ,

And some thing like a high attenuation can be some thing daft like the dsl cable,
      Also you said that you are in the test socket in another post but the last post said master socket,
      So are you in the master socket of the test socket --- test socket will be behind the master socket and you need to remove the faceplate to get at this.

As for :
      Line Info: Compatibility issue found. This could be several things eg. existing ADSL connection, pending ADSL order on line, ISDN, DACS, TPON, LLU, some alarm systems.

I would not worrie about this i get this also am there is nothing wrong with my connection so do not worrie about this .

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Line Info: Compatibility issue found. This could be several things eg. existing ADSL connection, pending ADSL order on line, ISDN, DACS, TPON, LLU, some alarm systems.
      This just means that it is seeing that ADSL is already activated on your line.

As Steven said, are you in the Test socket?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Belfast View Post
      Is there any one in the street you can lend a router and cables off to test,
      Its all ways better to get this sort of thing tested and out of the road now so if you need to call sky you can say its been done all ready ,

And some thing like a high attenuation can be some thing daft like the dsl cable,
      Also you said that you are in the test socket in another post but the last post said master socket,
      So are you in the master socket of the test socket --- test socket will be behind the master socket and you need to remove the faceplate to get at this.
      Well im using 3rd router package now. It defo isn't a problem with any of my equipment in house. when bt guy was using his own modem and would use the house phone the broadband would go off too.

Ive been in test socket in the master socket ever since the problems started. bt guy gave me a new filter faceplate about 4 weeks ago which i was using for a good 3 - 4 weeks. Thursday i was told by sky to use the filter that came with sky broadband package so changed them over. made no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      This just means that it is seeing that ADSL is already activated on your line.

As Steven said, are you in the Test socket?
      Ok. Thanks for the info.

Yes. Been in test socket since the line started dropping out

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I am afraid it looks like a problem either with the external line or at the exchange. If Sky have called out BT to fix a problem, BT should be fixing it. To say it's a problem at the exchange is not fixing it. Sky would have to pay through the nose for this, if it has not been fixed you should tell Sky. They will not be pleased to hear they have been charged by BT for saying 'it must be the exchange' I know you are fed up calling Sky but the only way you will get it fixed is to do so. One thing to bear in mind is that Sky are very good at compensating you for calls, when the fault is not yours.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok i guess i'll just have to wait for CS to get back to me now then.

@ itisme a bt enginner come out about 3 - 4 weeks ago to fix the line and like i said once done that i was getting fast download speeds for a good 2 weeks but after 2 weeks went back to how it was before line got fixed.

That is why i think Sky or BT are messing me about and ripping me off basically. If he fixed the line then why 4 weeks later the problem is there again? what did he do a tempoary fix or something?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Chris

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris25Uk View Post
      That is why i think Sky or BT are messing me about and ripping me off basically. If he fixed the line then why 4 weeks later the problem is there again? what did he do a tempoary fix or something?
      You seem to under the impression that they want you to have problems, why would you think this?

Everytime you ring it costs them in time and everytime they get BT out it costs them again, problems arise and your type can be a pain to trace, the BT engineer obviously thought he had it sorted because your line improved, it seems he was wrong and will have to do some more work.

It's not always as easy a just pushing a button, give them a little respect, they are dealing with it but you have only just told them that the fault is back. The're not mind readers you know

Exchange:
      Thanks

not thay want me to have the problems they just don't care I'm getting them. i mean i phoned up Thursday and they said they would phone back in 72hrs. 72hrs passed and no phone call so i phone them back and they said support ticket is closed. when i asked why support ticket was closed they said it was closed because the issue was resolved. second time this has happened. all they need to do is do what they did before which is send out an engineer to fix the line. they are not doing this. this has been going on for far too long now. they just don't want to send an engineer out to fix the line

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

This is the reason I said in an earlier post that you should ring BT and advise on a line fault, that way you don't need Sky to do it.

The problem is Sky don't send out BT engineers lightly, it cost them quite a lot of money so the just about try everything else first, even if there is little chance it will work, hence the three routers.

If this were me, I would have tried Sky with the initial call and once I was convinced it was a line fault gone directly to BT with a voice fault, even if I had embelish a little.

Too late now I guess.

Exchange:
      Thanks

phone bt and they just tell you to tell sky to contact bt wholesale. as they say I'm Sky's customer and sky is bt customer.

anyway so Ive just come off phone technical support team and guy says his took off DLM and put my speeds back to what the line should handle which is

DownStream Connection Speed 3072 kbps
      UpStream Connection Speed 736 kbps

ADSL Link

Downstream

Connection Speed = 3072 kbps
      Line Attenuation = 52 db
      Noise Margin = keeps changing from 4 to 7 db

Upstream

Connection Speed = 736 kbps
      Line Attenuation = 31 db
      Noise Margin = 7 db

i explained to tech guy said that a bt engineer fixed the bad connection before but the problem come back again. he said bt guy probably fixed internal wiring outside of house which fixed it but now the problem has come back the wiring will probably need to be replaced this time.

tech guy said my line seems ok atm and that should the line play up again to contact them again (the ticket will stay open for 72 hours) and ask them to fix wiring outside of house. probably need an underground engineer.

btw i was just on phone for 40 minutes . 25p x 40 minutes = 10.00. i must have phoned them about 30 times since the problem first started and each time been on phone for around 40 minutes if not more. 25p x 40 minutes = 10.00 x 30 = 300: o

can see why i'm getting annoyed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast