Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Does Sagem Router support WDS ?

This is a discussion on Does Sagem Router support WDS ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have signed up for Sky BB , but am unable to receive wireless in one part of the ...

AndySol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Does Sagem Router support WDS ?

Hi,

I have signed up for Sky BB, but am unable to receive wireless in one part of the house (it seems to have interference above the boiler). One solution I'm looking at is to install a wireless repeater to effectively bypass the area of the boiler.

I'm not overly technical and have been having problems setting up a Netgear WG602v3 in wireless repeater mode.

I'm in discussion with Netgear for help, and the first question they asked was if my Sky Router supported WDS.

Can anyone help me with this first question please ? I've looked at the Forums but cannot see where the Sagem Router features are shown.

Thanks,

Andy.

2. Advertisement
      winston06 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Does Sagem Router support WDS ?

Hi Andy,

I have the same problem at two properties and want to set up a repeater to overcome blackspots too.

I recently bought a Linksys WAP54G Access point but this only works when plugged into the router via LAN cable and will not work as a repeater (the purpose for which it was bought).

I am determined to find a solution and have asked for the assistance of my colleagues in the IT department where I work. I will keep you appraised of my efforts.

Winston

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The short answer is No, the Sky Sagem does not support WDS. There may be unofficial firmware available which does, but I don't know of it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

The easiest soloution would be to use homeplugs with a wireless access point built in to them. This can then be moved around as needed to cover any blackspots.

It will also allow for a wired connection to the router for gaming etc.

SolarWarrior is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I had exactly the same problem as yours. After hours of research I managed to set up the HomeHub as a repeater. You will need to first flash the sagem as well as the HH to its original software, then link them together.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

This is fairly easy if you flash the Sky router with 3rd party or standard firmware. The only problem is that the Sky router then ceases to be recognised as a Sky router. If you are going to do that, you are as well buying a good router to begin with and dumping the Sky router

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.