Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

signal problem or?

This is a discussion on signal problem or? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hey everyone recently started having problems with my net bassicly everything has been fine untill last weekend i coudent pick ...

dannyboi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

signal problem or?

hey everyone recently started having problems with my net bassicly everything has been fine untill last weekend i coudent pick up much signal from my ps3 only 20-35% and now its been doing it all week i cant get connection with the ps3 and the laptops connection keeps droping from good to bad even sometimes cuting out now is this a signal problem or something els ? with is like this i cant play any games online with ps3 or anygames on laptop as it just d/c's me any idears?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: signal problem or?

Someone has set up a wireless network near you. Try changing the channel in the router, see if that helps. There are so many using wireless now that in some places it is becoming unusable. Do a Search on the Forum for Homeplug for some ideas on how to improve your connections.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

ive changed the channel but it dont seem to do much just dose same thing currently on 13 as i hurd its best still the same =[ relly buggin me now
      Last edited by dannyboi; 11-02-09 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks

Did you try several other channels? The best way is to start at No 13 and work your way down.

You could also try Netstumbler from the link below. If you have a compatible network card, this will show you which channels are being used in your vicinity.

If you are a gamer you will get fragged less if you use ethernet to connect to the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

the only fast action games i play are on ps3 and a cabel would have to be run arocst the hole house lol =[

Thanks

Homeplug does not require many extra cables

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

whats price of these home plugs? the ones i found was 80 odd pound lol allso still doing it geting worse by the day no matter what channel im on

Thanks

If you open the Homeplug link above and scroll down you will find many in the 40-50 price range. There are also many to be found on eBay at below the retail cost, but make sure you know what you are buying if you go this way.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

well today i phoned up sky after 15 minits of waiting i got through to some one who new jack crap who kept me on the line for 20 mins doing tests of some sort then said he will pass me onto the (wizzkids) they then kept me on the line for anouther 40 minits to be connected to some one who told me hes goin to do some checks and ring me back in 10 minits and did he ring me back? did he **** comepletly disgusted and im the one whos goin to get the hell high phone bill coz i gota ring them up again tommoz so if u guys got any other idears then the homeplug fire away! ta

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Either long ethernet leads or homeplugs, wireless sucks for gaming and downloading.

Sky cannot do anything for you if you are having wireless problems and have tried all the available channels, each installation is different as so many things can effect the signal.

Save you money on the pnone and do one of the above suggestions.