Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

buy new products

This is a discussion on buy new products within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; In theory, you can only get the router from them a only a Sky supplied router is authorised to be ...

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: buy new products

In theory, you can only get the router from them a only a Sky supplied router is authorised to be used on their broadband.

I wouldn't do this via e-mail and I wouldn't get too arsey over build quality etc, they are standard off the shelf routers with some Sky software on. I have had mine for a while now and it hasn't fell to bits and I cannot see how this would happen unless it is not being treated properly.

Ring them, explain that your router is faulty etc and be nice, very nice, don;t start an issue you may end up loosing.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It sounds like you have some heavy handed users in your house, the router will not fall apart from normal use. For one thing there is no need to touch it once it is set up.
      I doubt if Sky will replace it if it is still working, but if the lights stopped coming on, they probably would.

If you need a new adapter you can pay Sky's premium price or get it from Digidave.co.uk for all your broadband needs! > Main Section > NETWORK ADAPTERS > Wireless > USB > Netgear WG111T 108Mbps USB Adapter - Vista Compatible for about half the price.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

if you want a replacement router from Sky, you will likely have to call in. Most of the email teams are not allowed to replace routers, as its very hard to do full troubleshooting over email.

Call sky on 08442 41 05 15 and they'll replace your router free of charge, regardless of warranty length.

Yourt USB adaptor, if bought from Sky, is another matter. if its over a year old, its out of warranty and you would have to pay for a new one. They won't, or at least shouldn't replace this for free.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It sounds like you have some heavy handed users in your house, the router will not fall apart from normal use. For one thing there is no need to touch it once it is set up.
      I doubt if Sky will replace it if it is still working, but if the lights stopped coming on, they probably would.

If you need a new adapter you can pay Sky's premium price or get it from Digidave.co.uk for all your broadband needs! > Main Section > NETWORK ADAPTERS > Wireless > USB > Netgear WG111T 108Mbps USB Adapter - Vista Compatible for about half the price.
      yes, but thats a refurbished adaptor, as said in the advert. with Sky you'd get a new one. Doesn't make a difference, i know, but if you already have an adaptor thats falling to bits, you don't want one that looks like its been through the wars

nelly69er is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

so if i brought a new usb adapter should it work straight away even if its not from sky direct? is it just different routers that is causing trouble setting up?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Yes..

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

so if i brought a new usb adapter should it work straight away
      If you buy a different type/make from what you have, you will have to install the new drivers. One the same may work 'out of the box' or it may need new drivers installed.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12