Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Good news at last!

This is a discussion on Good news at last! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well, looks like I was connected Saturday morning! Tried Friday night at about 1am - it still wasn't working then ...

Gordicron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Good news at last!

Well, looks like I was connected Saturday morning! Tried Friday night at about 1am - it still wasn't working then (even after rebooting router). Saturday morning I gave it another try and it worked - connected at about 4Mb!

Then yesterday, the connection went down briefly and now it connects at 6Mb! Even better!

I was told I'd get about 4 Mb on the Max until end of this year/early next year when they do the ADSL2 stuff at our exchange. Even 4 was better (and cheaper) than my old connection with BT... so 6 is great!

Have to say, after all the hassle getting connected in the first place, it seems to be a nice fast connection with no problems so far. Tried a few test downloads and have been pleased with the results.

Now I just have to work through the 2,500 emails I had waiting in my Inbox!

- G

2. Advertisement
      s00tie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Glad to hear you're sorted mate

leffe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Gordicron,

How many days overdue was your activation? Has the BT tracker status updated to show that the job is complete?

Just wondering how many days I may have to wait until my connection is sorted

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats good news Gordicron
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Gordicron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leffe View Post
      Gordicron,

How many days overdue was your activation? Has the BT tracker status updated to show that the job is complete?

Just wondering how many days I may have to wait until my connection is sorted
      My activation was due on the 7th - so it was about 2 weeks overdue. I'm at work at the mo but I'll check the BT Tracker when I get home.

I'm not sure if my moaning at them every day had anything to do with it getting done... I'd like to think so, but it's hard to tell with Sky and BT!

- G

leffe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks for the reply Gordicron.

Glad you finally got connected. I'm now 12 days overdue, and my BT tracker still says status unknown fot the LLU provision.

I called BT Wholesale again, and they confirmed again that there was an issue with my order, but that Sky had to make the call.

I've been telling Sky that there was a problem, but they kept saying that my order was in progress. No one at Sky could tell me how long an order stayed in the 'in progress' state' before action was taken.

Finally, Sky have listened to me and are re-placing the order with BT.
      I know that it make take up to 10 days for the order to go through again, but hopefully it will get me out of this 'no mans land' where Sky think that there is not a problem & blame BT for the delay, and BT telling me that is an issue that Sky need to call & sort out.

Waiting for BT tracker to show my new order.