Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sorry I ever moved to SKY

This is a discussion on Sorry I ever moved to SKY within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Made the biggest mistake of my life to date just before Xmas. Decided to leave Virgin after 2 salesmen from ...

Dowsey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151355
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Thumbs down Sorry I ever moved to SKY

Made the biggest mistake of my life to date just before Xmas.
      Decided to leave Virgin after 2 salesmen from SKY called at my house.
      They told me how good SKY TV was and how much I would save - turned out they were not far off the mark.

However they told me a total pack of lies about SKY broadband.
      Its better than Virgin if you get the mid package you will defo get at least 6 meg download speed.
      Sign here and we will sort your Virgin phone line out and get your BT line up and running.
      Probably take 2 to 3 days without an internet and you will be back on line a lot faster than you were with Virgin.

Well 6 weeks down the line and I am still on the slowest broad band connection I have ever had despite paying for the mid package..
      If a web page loads up it takes for ever (at least 5 minutes)
      Once i get a page up lets say its to check my broadband speed the test can take anything up to 20 minutes to complete.
      Did a test before i came to work tonight and got 116kbps DOH!!

I have now had 5 BT engineers out to try and sort it.
      I cannot recall how many times I have phoned SKY.
      Some bright spark tells you to do the same checks that the previous 10 people have asked you to do.
      If you raise your voice and just let a little of your frustartion out the lunatics hang up on you.

My advise to anyone is avoid SKY broadband like the plague.
      They are rubbish.

I am writing this in work on a night shift during my lunch break.
      I will AGAIN be on the phone as soon as I get home as they have not phoned me back as they have said they would on 6 occasions now.
      So another day with no sleep.

All I want is about 2 meg download speed so my son can continue playing on line mutiplayer games like he did do for about 3 years with no trouble at all while I was with Virgin (NTL)

Why oh why did I change over to SKY>
      What an idiot I have been and if I ever see those two sales men in my area they will both be walking like John Wayne with piles
      Last edited by Dowsey; 06-02-09 at 06:03 AM.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sorry I ever moved to SKY

To even begin to look at what is happening we would need your router stats and a description of your physical setup on the telephone line. As to the rest of your rant tier 1 agents have to adhere to a set procedure and cannot ignore it so you will get asked the same questions whether you like it or not. They also have the rights to do this without customers shouting at them or being rude towards them, if this does occur they have to right to end the call if they feel they cannot continue it.
      Tier 1 agents are there to help and have not caused your issue so shouting at them / raising your voice to them is not going to help, posting a full set of router stats (line attenuation, noise margin, up and downstream speeds) plus an outline of what is plugging into where may help. There are a number of things this could be including phone line, setup, router fault,throughput etc.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Yes dont yell at Tear 1, or anybody else from Sky or any ISP it will get you nowhere. 99% of the time this sort of thing is down to your own wiring, filters, so post up your stats and lets see if we can help.

adamrayner1981 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: driffield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Could agree with u more dowsey, i got connected to sky bb on 10/2 and so for have never seen a webpage with them, im in my cooling off period and have contacted them for a mac code and are going back to talktalk.
      It was a compelt waste of time moving, they say i have a 60% package loss between the router and the laptop or home pc, done everything poss and not sorted the problem, that silly little sagem router got launched out the window, im happy now! get off sky asap.

samperry209 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamrayner1981 View Post
      Could agree with u more dowsey, i got connected to sky bb on 10/2 and so for have never seen a webpage with them, im in my cooling off period and have contacted them for a mac code and are going back to talktalk.
      It was a compelt waste of time moving, they say i have a 60% package loss between the router and the laptop or home pc, done everything poss and not sorted the problem, that silly little sagem router got launched out the window, im happy now! get off sky asap.
      Agh!....Your a new customer..So your on DLM...this lasts for 10-20 days!

If you are not loading any webpages at all you need to phone sky and tell them this

they then should maually tweak to a speed and your ping so you can load webpages for the meantime.

this issue has been discussed more times then i have in pairs of shoes!....

No point complaining as you can't deactivate DLM for another 4 - 14 days..

Please Provide some stats by doing this

go to your address bar and type in 192.168.0.1

Username :admin
      Pass: sky

the go to show statistics at the bottom of the page and copy and paste whats comes up in the box here...

hope this helps slightly...its getting annoying all these new customer complaining about DLM when sky should of sent you a letter notifing you that will will happen on your connections.

Thanks

@ samperry209
      what is dlm? heard this mentioned loads of times, i told sky what the problem was and it told my package loss from the router to pc, it sky bb has worked on either laptop ps3 or home pc, is this normal with sky when just switching over! never had this problem when i moved to talktalk 18 mths ago! would the problem just sort its self out after dlm has finished?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

^^^^^^^^
      You are connecting at over 7Mb and it appears there may be a problem with your router. Have you looked at my suggestion in your own thread?

Sky's DLM does not run on Connect, but the BT equivalent does.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

am i likely to be having a problem connecting at over 7mb, got a new netgear on route so should solve problem.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^
      You should really continue in your own thread- Please help 60% package loss!!!! You stats there show you were connecting at almost the maximum for Connect.
      DownStream Connection Speed 7776
      UpStream Connection Speed 448

Unfortunately you may run into further problems with the Connect package.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

Agh!....Your a new customer..So your on DLM...this lasts for 10-20 days!
      Where does this 10-20 days come from Sam? When I was with BT, DLM was down to 3 days!
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast