Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cant take this slow speed any more

This is a discussion on Cant take this slow speed any more within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; SO SORRY THIS IS SO LONG I HAD TO GET IT OUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT ...

ja5on is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cant take this slow speed any more UPDATE 04/02/09 23:37 BEEN ON HOLD FOR 30MINS

SO SORRY THIS IS SO LONG I HAD TO GET IT OUT

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANY MORE

OH MY GOD

for well over a year now i have had the slowest speeds ever and just have not been able to figure it out,

I too am at my wits end

here are my stats ::::

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 56 73 0 0 0 0:02:34
      LAN 15 0 0 0 0 0:55:47
      WLAN 26480 20903 0 0 0 0:55:20
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 511 kbps 796 kbps
      Line Attenuation 41.0 db 21.5 db
      Noise Margin 19.8 db 12.5 db

Exchange Information ::::

Distance:- Direct:
      0.88 mi
      (appx)*By Road:
      2.1 mi

_______

i have only just moved to sky BB 3 weeks ago, i was with orange b4 and after spending a year arguing with them and BT about why my speed has been no more than 800kbps i finally got them to cut me loose and give me my 'mac code'

i was signed up to 2 year contract with orange and had roughly 5.6mb for the first 6 months then it all went down hill and i could get no more than 800kbps ( on a good day ) and i must of wasted so much money on mind numbingly long phone calls to people who either
      A. made no sense
      B. just wanted to pass me on to someone else so they could go on break
      or C. i couldnt hear because the line was so bad,

on that note i called BT who sent countless engineers out, who all said the lines are fine nothing wrong

going back to orange they eventually said ah yes you have a problem ( LIKE NO S**T) and they put me through to the escalation team who did.......... NOTHING because the minute the phone call had ended nothing ever happened and when i rang back a day later i had to spend 2 hours explaining myself as nobody had made any notes on my account (just as well i had been making notes from day 1)

note to add ::: towards the last 3 months before i got cut off i my interent would cut off as many as 80 times a day

any way after a 1 year and 6 months with orange i had reached boiling point and demanded they cut me off as they were not going to sort the problem out and refused to send out an engineer they kept reminding me that of i was cut off i would have breached my contract terms and conditions, after which i reminded them of there terms and conditions only for them to realize they had already breached there end ( i read ever single word in there terms and conditions something i have never done with anything but had to with this as its taken over my life )

they eventually agreed they were wrong and the contract would be terminated with no further costs and my 'MAC code' issued GOODBYE ORANGE

HOWEVER

i then singed up to sky max BB ( 3 weeks ago ) i was told there is no reason from what their line test show why i cant get a full speed with no issues. they said for the first 10 days speeds will be up and down but will settle after 10 days

first 3 days ::: 3.4mb ( i was amazed at this as i had seen MB now for over a year WOOO)
      next 2 days ::: between 24.0mb - 40.0mb ( i figured these are faulty readings but they were persistent )
      ever day there after ::: 500kbps ( this is even worst than when i was with orange )

i have rang sky up they said they see a problem went through all the usuall off the screen instructions and said i can no longer assisted you with this call im putting you through to some other department name of which i didnt pick up phone went to hold then started ringing carried on ringing so i put it on loudspeaker carried on ringing for well over 20 minutes i eventually hung up

since then i have been surfing the net all night ( very slowly ) to try to find a solution

this forum is the best so far i couldnt believe my luck when the first thread i see sounded like the same problem i have had

COME tomorrow evening if nobody has helped me on here am going to go with this whole CAPPED thing and call sky

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

sorry this is so long
      Last edited by ja5on; 05-02-09 at 12:38 AM.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: At my wits end

You probably have a CST ticket open now if you spoke to Sky BB tech support, did you call the BB department?
      Couple of bits of info are needed here, are you in the main or test socket, any extensions in use, have you put the Sky supplied filters on any telephone sockets in use?
      The fact that this speed issue has occured with all suppliers makes it look like a line issue more than anything but some line issues can be near impossible to trace depending on what they are.
      Last edited by Saturday; 04-02-09 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Post moved from "At my wits end" thread

Exchange:
      Thanks

yes i called BB department

the stats i gave earlier were taken in the test socket but is no different to the main also the filter im using is one supplied by BT inbuilt one they installed last year when these problems started

i really hope you or someone can get to the bottom of this. because im evan willing to move house just to get better internet
      Last edited by Saturday; 04-02-09 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Post moved from "At my wits end" thread

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Cant take this slow speed any more

Three little letters DLM

Exchange:
      Thanks

but why, who and how can i get it delt with with

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

why - read your welcome letter (doubt you did that, did you?)...
      who - CST can remove the cap if it's slow (which it is in your case BUT it's been capped as the DLM engine has seen something to make it cap you)...
      how - call tech and you need to get to CST who can check things over with you...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ja5on View Post
      SO SORRY THIS IS SO LONG I HAD TO GET IT OUT

[SNIP]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

sorry this is so long
      don't hijack threads please, you've already made your own...
      Last edited by Saturday; 04-02-09 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Post moved from "At my wits end" thread

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      why - read your welcome letter (doubt you did that, did you?)....

Explain what i missed because yes i did read it.... also i've only been with sky 2 and half weeks this has been a problem for a year and a half... what sort of things has the DLM engine seen to cap me and explain why its been capped for a year and a half and why when i've changed providers
      Last edited by ja5on; 04-02-09 at 09:00 AM. Reason: more to add

Exchange:
      Thanks

FOR THE RECORD IM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND I MADE THE POST ON HERE FIRST HENCE WHAT IT SAYS IN REGARD TO i couldnt believe my luck when the first thread i see sounded like the same problem i have had

IM NOT HIJACKING NOTHING I JUST NEED SOME HELP
      Last edited by Saturday; 04-02-09 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Post moved from "At my wits end" thread

Thanks

'...also i've only been with sky 2 and half weeks this has been a problem for a year and a half...'

that makes no sense...you've been with them 2 weeks and a year and a half??

read this...

What Is DLM? Everything you need to know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast