Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Cant take this slow speed any more

This is a discussion on Cant take this slow speed any more within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; what you did is classed as hijacking - if you have an issue it's better to start your own thread ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: At my wits end

what you did is classed as hijacking - if you have an issue it's better to start your own thread as you'll get a better response...

also, NO NEED TO SHOUT!!! basic forum etiquette...
      Last edited by Saturday; 04-02-09 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Post moved from "At my wits end" thread
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Cant take this slow speed any more

As IANTE and Googleme have said this is DLM in action, but the question is why has it reduced your speed? now as you had the same problem with Orange, the commom factor would appear to be your line, I know you said you conntacted BT and they sent out techs, but they would have only delt with the voice side of things, not broadband.
      Can you give some details of how you are connected, number of extensions if any, that sort of thing.

ja5on is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      As IANTE and Googleme have said this is DLM in action, but the question is why has it reduced your speed? now as you had the same problem with Orange, the commom factor would appear to be your line, I know you said you conntacted BT and they sent out techs, but they would have only delt with the voice side of things, not broadband.
      Can you give some details of how you are connected, number of extensions if any, that sort of thing.

as far as im aware we only have a one line in the whole house and its runnin directly into that....thanx for taking the time to read it correctly unlike some ppl ....

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      '...also i've only been with sky 2 and half weeks this has been a problem for a year and a half...'

that makes no sense...you've been with them 2 weeks and a year and a half??

read this...

What Is DLM? Everything you need to know.

if you had actually taken the time to read my orignal post you would know it makes perfect sense ....I HAD THE PROBLEM WITH ORANGE FIRST AND LEFT THEM BECAUSE OF IT BUT NOW WITH SKY ITS STILL THE SAME.....

please if you cant help me i would like you to stop posting im only trying to get help

Thanks

Ja5on.
      "as far as I am aware" is not really good enough (sorry dont mean to sound stroppy) you need to check that there are no extensions, in use or not, that are connected to the line.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Phone Sky, late evening after 10.30, and ask them to remove the cap from your line. With the cap removed you should see 4Mb. In saying that, you line seems to have issues or it would not have been capped by the automatic process, it may become unstable and drop the connection frequently.

If you switched your router off frequently during the 'training' period, it could be that DLM has seen this as instability and capped your line accordingly.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      Ja5on.
      "as far as I am aware" is not really good enough (sorry dont mean to sound stroppy) you need to check that there are no extensions, in use or not, that are connected to the line.

ok so i have followed it all back the socket my net and phone come from run back to the front door where it attaches to another box but this box has no holes or anywhere to plug things in i have taken the faceplate of and there is no test socket i know when BT techs have been out the do noise tests from that box but they do it by attaching single wires ........

Thanks

You said in a previous post that a BT tech had fitted a filter faceplate. this then is the only telephone socket in your home? If you have the router pluged in there (no plug in extensions) and the phone is quiet (no background noise other than a low hiss when you dial a single digit to kill the dial tone) then it looks like it's back to Sky.

Exchange:
      Thanks

ok brian69 so should i try calling them now.... and go with what i know... or should i take the advice of others and call after 22:30 ??

UseLess is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Demon
      Sky TV: Sky+HD & Sky+
      Thanks

Greetings,

If you've had the problem for a while then I would give this: DACS FAQ a read. There's also a link in there to a checker which will tell you if your line has been split.
      Quote:
      Life is like a toilet roll, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes....

SkyUser Pinger | Password Generator | Test Socket

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast