Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally had it

This is a discussion on Finally had it within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; That it. finally had it. leaving sky connect for good, aint paying a disconnection charge, let them try tonight it's ...

coreservers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dalkeith
      Broadband ISP: IDnet
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Finally had it

That it. finally had it. leaving sky connect for good, aint paying a disconnection charge, let them try
      tonight it's dropped to 48k, spent 1 hour on hold to TS. got some smarmy useless idiot, who tells me that although i've never breached the FUP, they have over sold connections in this area, so are throttling.
      I told him to get a manager, he hung up.
      So screw you sky, I'm fed up with you stealing money from me every month. I will be phoning london tomorrow. and getting released from the worst broadband service around.

here's my router stats, notice it states 6.5mb. but my actual speed is !!! 48k!
      System Up Time: 58:13:03

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 840 990 0 1195 2723 00:06:31
      LAN 100M/Full 119039 97414 0 544 102 58:12:58
      WLAN 11M/54M 8433 0 0 4 0 58:12:46
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 6528 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 41 db 21 db
      Noise Margin 8 db 25 db

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Finally had it

coreservers
      Hi have you rang Customer Relations 02077053000 Tell them everything that has happened
      they will ask you do you want to be put through to tier 1 or prefer someone to ring you also
      every phone call is recorded and someone will ring you back or if you prefer an email as
      long as you remember they do not know anything technical they are there to assist with
      a Sky problem I have found them great. So hope you get sorted. One way or
      the other.
      Steve

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Well your sync rate seems to be fine.

Have you ran a speed test?
      Test Result

Enter your phone number
      Then Enter your Mac address with @skydsl - Eg: 001B2FGE33T5@SKYDSL

Let the test run and paste it here.

Would be great to see what your line profile is and what your throughput is.

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krysis View Post
      Well your sync rate seems to be fine.

Have you ran a speed test?
      Test Result

Enter your phone number
      Then Enter your Mac address with @skydsl - Eg: 001B2FGE33T5@SKYDSL

Let the test run and paste it here.

Would be great to see what your line profile is and what your throughput is.

Whats the point, he is getting heavily throttled.

coreservers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dalkeith
      Broadband ISP: IDnet
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I fail to see the point of finding out what I already know, from sky themselves. they are ripping us off deliberately. overselling connections, lying, and frankly stealing money every month. i made the point i work all day, so this is the only time i can access broadband. and he admitted they'd sold me a broadband package, I cant use properly. Nothing short of picking my pocket!

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

it's NOT overselling connections - that's not the issue...

the issue is capacity (which we already know)...Sky are having enforce the usage limit as there are people (and I've seen it) doing 40GB in a DAY!!!

now,at present Sky haven't booted these people off (why not?!?!) as they haven't the tools to quickly identify these people...

end of the day, the small few are ruining it for the many - yet Sky still don't know how to sort it out, and now management/staff are kicking off they still won't do anything...

it's not lying, as there no official word on it outside of a few member of staff who happen to know the right people, as no one has been told we're traffic shaping. so they ask you to do the speedtester.bt.com as they don't know any better - and it doesn't help you guys trying to tell them HOW to do their jobs...I'd never have the nerve to do it to you!!

end of the day, you're best leaving if you're on Connect - only reason I don't is I don't pay for it...but it's getting to close to the point even I might leave...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      it's not lying, as there no official word on it outside of a few member of staff who happen to know the right people, as no one has been told we're traffic shaping. so they ask you to do the speedtester.bt.com as they don't know any better
      WellI Certainly DO know that there is traffic shaping going on so don't think I don't have a clue because I do.

I don't think that they would throttle down to 48kbps - If they do, then thats pretty damn low and it's the lowest I have saw throttling go - Think they should just cut him from the exchange if they are going to give him that.

But I HAVE saw people with similar issues and it's because their line profile hasn't been set right or because they have so many different internet applications open & I'm sure if you work for Cst like myself that you have saw it too.

Yes theres some people who don't have a baldy, someone could easily have told him he's went over his FUP by mis-reading the data in & out from radius log - As he said the guy he was speaking to was "an idiot".

Wouldn't it be better just to find out, so see if there is anything wrong with the connection or his PC or to see if he really is being throttled rather than just going by what he is sayin that he was told??

I fail to see the point of finding out what I already know, from sky themselves
      No need to be so flippin' ignorant. I'm trying to help you to make sure that you were not "lied to".

It's people like yourself that really **** me n my colleagues off when all you do is back lip and make ignorant, cheeky comments about how stupid we are and how we all read of scripts (which isn't true), when someone is trying to help you out but when they actually resolve the issue you want to kiss our asses..

Sorry for the Rant!

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

In which case, then, why are there SO many OffNet tickets asking people to run the PTTR when it says in the tickets it's slow in the evenings? It's fobbing someone off for another 24hrs...

End of the day, Sky need to address the issue and post up a public statement regarding this asap - otherwise a lot of customers will leave...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

UseLess is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Demon
      Sky TV: Sky+HD & Sky+
      Thanks

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      as they haven't the tools to quickly identify these people...
      Well for an ISP as large as Sky is they should have the tools, and it should be done automatically. Makes you wonder where they spend all the money they are getting? Or what the System Admins do for their money?
      Quote:
      Life is like a toilet roll, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes....

SkyUser Pinger | Password Generator | Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It seems Sky are breaking their own T &Cs, where they state-
      Only a very small number of customers will be affected by this (less than 2%). If you are affected, we will only slow down the speed you can get during peak times for applications which use a lot of bandwidth (for example, streaming, peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative affect on other customers. You will still be able to use Sky Broadband to do other things normally such as browsing, email, instant messaging and VOIP. There are no restrictions in place outside of peak times.
      Everyone appears to be throttled for everything. Or is there anyone on Connect who is not being throttled?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast