Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Finally had it

This is a discussion on Finally had it within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry Krysis, but... I've had 3 months of throttling for no reason other than SKy are trying to do everything ...

coreservers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dalkeith
      Broadband ISP: IDnet
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Finally had it

Sorry Krysis, but... I've had 3 months of throttling for no reason other than SKy are trying to do everything on the cheap. A few (and frankly it does not surprise me, that sky have no idea who they are). are causing everyone to be throttled. How many times do you think I have run the bt speed tester?......... 7 to be exact. I carefully monitor what I download (I do not use bit torrent etc) then to be treated to the script, and it is a script. from tier1 every time, then hung up on when I try to escalate. is why people get annoyed. they are lied to, treated like it's their fault, and then cast aside by TS.

if you can rant then so can I.

after all I pay for this complete rip off of a non service. time sky opened their eyes, and got of their fat backsides, and sorted this issue. maybe once connect custoemrs leave in droves and sky has to start thinkning of redundances you'll see them for what they really are. no better than BT. a big faceless multi, with abolsutely no interest in customers other than parting them from their money!

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Isitme
      Hi If the Minority take the MICHAEL then everyone is going to be throttled until Sky can and will ask them to leave or will cap and throttle until they do leave

UseLess
      Well for an ISP as large as Sky is they should have the tools, and it should be done automatically. Makes you wonder where they spend all the money they are getting? Or what the System Admins do for their money
      Yes but if Sky make a mistake WE WILL ALL ONLY SHOUT AND COMPLAIN EVEN IF IT IS ONE OF US Which it has to be so remember those who have and are taking the LIBERTY YOU WILL BE COURT.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Hi If the Minority take the MICHAEL
      If the top 2% download 1.5Tbs each (which is quite possible) this would eat up the allowance for the other 98% who may only be downloading the average of about 6Gbs. This should not be happening, Sky should be able to detect who is doing this and remove them from the network. I am not saying it is, but it is quite possible it is actually BT who is doing the throttling as Sky, as a whole, are exceeding the amount they pay for. This would account for the overall throttle and not the selective type Sky say they will apply.

Sky must weed out the excessive users, this is the only way this will be resolved.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

firehawk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

whilst I agree that heavy downloaders should be kicked off, or pay more, or even allocate them to a different "router"/unit dedicated for that, I have had no such issues and I get 14.5MB as before I had 8MB which was capped, then plugged it into the master socket, got 10.5MB immediately.... then swapped the cable around from the router to the ADSL filter, that gave me 12.5MB

I then rang up sky, they increased the speed a little and now its all good!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      You are not on Connect, which is the only package which is having real problems. Most LLU problems are down to the users line/setup, as yours was. In all cases where Sky reduce the speed of an LLU connection there is a good reason for it. There is none with Connect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Isitme
      Hi I Agree with you 100%. Sky could be giving Bt the chance to get back some of their customers who have moved to Sky.
      Bt will be having a field day telling Sky you are over using the allotted amount Please take steps to adjust, Buy more or start looking elsewhere or you will give us no choose but to take legal action
      that would be about right would`nt it

Sky must weed out the excessive users, this is the only way this will be resolved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12