Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband Help - Can Someone Help Me Please!!!

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Help - Can Someone Help Me Please!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone, im new here, been visiting the site for a while now but just got around to signing up, ...

KissMyFace is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ryhope-Sunderland
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Help - Can Someone Help Me Please!!!

Hi everyone, im new here, been visiting the site for a while now but just got around to signing up, im wondering if someone can help me with my sky broadband order, i think you will be more helpful than skys own customer service!

I signed up to Sky Broadband Connect on 6th Jan 2009 and i still havnt recieved my Router! Ive been on the phone to skys customer support explaining the various issues ive had and ive had a different response from all of the agents i spoke to, some of them said my broadband order had been delayed due to taking line rental with my sky talk order and that apparently gets priority over broadband orders?!? Another said that there was a problem with the BT Exchange, others said my Router had been dispatched a week ago then others tell me it has not. Another agent tells me my Broadband will go active on 2nd February then guess what, another agent tell me it is not going to go active on that date! Im more than pi**ed off now, its been a month since my order and i havnt recieved a router, letters, phone calls, absolutely nothing, im sick of the service before ive even used it!

Can anyone tell me why sky are taking so long activating my line and sending me my router and what i should do about it, cheers.

2. Advertisement
      Steven_Belfast is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Exclamation Re: Sky Broadband Help - Can Someone Help Me Please!!!

Hello there,

This does not sound good sorry to hear that ,

But as for the router they can login to a site and track where the router is ! so customer service should be able to help with this , if not ask for the number and call parcel force your self ,

As for the broadband connection yes if there is a order for sky talk then this will not let the broadband order go until the sky take is sorted ,

So fingers crossed it will not be much longer ,

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Help - Can Someone Help Me Please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Belfast View Post
      But as for the router they can login to a site and track where the router is ! so customer service should be able to help with this , if not ask for the number and call parcel force your self ,

As for the broadband connection yes if there is a order for sky talk then this will not let the broadband order go until the sky take is sorted.
      Quite True. However, knowing Customer Services these days they will transfer you to CST lol!

Well, Definately speak with Customer services to see if they can chase it up.

And yea if you are getting Sky line rental then there will be a delay of about 14 days on the BB order unfortunately - If you ordered them both at the same time.
      Line rental activates first then BB.

This also Should of been explained to you.
      See if you can get some compensation for being inconvienced for a month.

KissMyFace is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ryhope-Sunderland
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Help - Can Someone Help Me Please!!!

Hi, cheers for the replys, my router finally arrived today (5th Feb), a whole MONTH after ordering!. I spoke to a guy called Gavin, who was the most helpful person ive ever spoke to from sky, he did everything possible to help me and even rang the IT Department to fix the issue and made sure my router would be sent out using a faster delivery service and ensured that i will not pay for the month i have been without the router.

Basically every other person i spoke before that to had been blowing wind and telling me lies about my when i would be activated and when my router would be sent out, ive already sent a letter of complaint to sky, judging by some of the post on here, i guess they will be recieving a lot of them!