Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky login error (out of nowhere!!!)

This is a discussion on Sky login error (out of nowhere!!!) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone, wonder if someone could help here. I've been using Sky broadband for well over a year now without ...

deejaydave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Unhappy Sky login error (out of nowhere!!!)

Hi everyone, wonder if someone could help here.

I've been using Sky broadband for well over a year now without any problems. Have e-mail setup through outlook express, use sky player and manage my account on-line. no problems until......

This evening fired up outlook express and an error box appeared saying that I couldn't connect to the mail server. Thought I'd try the web-mail but couldn't log on to that either. Curious!! Then tried sky player and couldn't log in to the either!!!! Rather puzzled telephoned sky who went through the process of resetting my password. And all now fine...

Logged onto e-mail and had a message in my in-box confiming that I had reset my password at 14:44 (when I was at work), another timed 19:11 and finally the one I reset @ 19:25.

Could someone have hacked my e-mail and changed my password or is it simply someone trying to reset their password with a username very similar to mine? Anyone else had the same problem.

I'm currently running a virus scan just in case.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      grumpygit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: hertford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky login error (out of nowhere!!!)

Hi Dave.
      I am no expert on email accounts but the earlier request to change the password would explain the error messages you received.
      Whether it was an attempt to gain access to your email account or just a mistake is hard to say.
      If it happens again, I would advise you to contact sky and let them know what is happening and they should be able to trace where the requests originate from.
      Let us know if the scan finds anything.
      You could also try an online scan to make sure your AV hasn't missed anything.(link below)

Free Virus Scan - Kaspersky Lab

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

to the OP...you have changed the password in OE to reflect the change haven't you?
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

deejaydave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yes, I've changed the password in Outlook Express.

My AV Scan showed nothing (using Sophos antivirus & firewall from my place of work).

I'll try the on-line scan just to be sure.

What made this so strange is that I've never had a problem until yesterday. Thats over 12months of use!!!

All seems well now though. Will feedback anything that th online scan finds.

Many thanks