Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sky speed problems [Part 2]

This is a discussion on Sky speed problems [Part 2] within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by noikz The problem has existed since December Mid-November for some people. But I agree with your post ...

gill07 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alsager
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky speed problems [Part 2]

Quote Originally Posted by noikz View Post
      The problem has existed since December
      Mid-November for some people.

But I agree with your post Noikz, staff should be better informed as us as the customers are left consistently left in the dark.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I DO have a clue to the extent - but I'm not about to post it all up as it'd be a bit obvious as to who I am...

And yes, I would tell other people to stop using something if it's causing stress when not needed...like in this case. What if Sky hadn't even acknowledged the issue a week or so ago? Had CST picked up the pattern of the issue in December then yes it might've been fixed but seeing as we get thousands of calls a day it's hard to notice patterns in calls/areas unless you get multiple ones yourself...

Complaining on here won't get it fixed quicker, and nor will shouting at Sky CST as it's out of their hands - if the engineers are having issues with it then what can we do?!?!...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

IANTE, I'm not complaining at you at all.

Apologies if you took it that way. I was just venting my frustration at the problem we have, not at CST (though admitedly one agent ticked me off) as I mentioned. However was mentioning if you read my previous post that some staff (e.g. Tier 1) could have avoided a lot less hassle if it had been identified earlier.

Just thankful that Sky are actually doing something now, even if it is taking quite a while!

Thanks

I know I just find it frustrating when someone calls and we get in the ear for something that's out of our control...for the most part exchange issues are cleared in 48hrs so to have something going on this long isn't seen too often...

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      I know I just find it frustrating when someone calls and we get in the ear for something that's out of our control...for the most part exchange issues are cleared in 48hrs so to have something going on this long isn't seen too often...
      I can understand that. Although a major exchange problem as customer and CST have now identified, let's hope it's resolved soon.

Any update or official word on the problem from Sky today, NR or IANTE?

noikz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

I DO have a clue to the extent - but I'm not about to post it all up as it'd be a bit obvious as to who I am...
      Only one person at the organisation knows what the problem is? No wonder it's taking so long to resolve.

And yes, I would tell other people to stop using something if it's causing stress when not needed...like in this case. What if Sky hadn't even acknowledged the issue a week or so ago? Had CST picked up the pattern of the issue in December then yes it might've been fixed but seeing as we get thousands of calls a day it's hard to notice patterns in calls/areas unless you get multiple ones yourself...
      Fingers crossed everyone will move to a different ISP and then you can go home and be free from stress whilst you use your telephone banking.

Complaining on here won't get it fixed quicker, and nor will shouting at Sky CST as it's out of their hands - if the engineers are having issues with it then what can we do?!?!...
      Update the customers properly, or even at all. Nobodys shouting, I gave up calling as the staff didn't know anything and it took over an hour to get connected. Shame on everyone for wanting a service they pay for to actually work though.
      Dbox DM7020/Skystar HD + 1.1M Motor (57E-61W) | Dbox DM500 + 90CM Multi-LNB (13/16/19.2/28.2E) | SKY HD 500GB | SKY+ 250GB | Intel C2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz | 8GB Geil | 148GB RAID0 Raptors + 4TB RAID5 Seagates | 8800GTX SLI | Dell 2405FPW

Thanks

Only one person at the organisation knows what the problem is? No wonder it's taking so long to resolve.
      I'm not the only one, that's just being silly...

Fingers crossed everyone will move to a different ISP and then you can go home and be free from stress whilst you use your telephone banking.
      And I'm not stressed about my job, far from it!! Annoyed about the whole Connect throttling thing but meh - life goes on!...And I prefer to bank in person, personally

Update the customers properly, or even at all. Nobodys shouting, I gave up calling as the staff didn't know anything and it took over an hour to get connected. Shame on everyone for wanting a service they pay for to actually work though.
      We have been updating the customers - when there's something to update them on!! As you've said it takes ages to get through but tier 1 have access to the faults board which has updates - if there's nothing on there then we don't know anything more!!

timwintle1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidsgrove
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Steady Noikz,

I know we're all a bit upset but no need to get personal. At least there are some people on the inside that are keeping a monitor on it.

Do we know if Sky have been given any more updates this morning from the engineers?

Thanks

I'd agree, no need to get worked up Noikz, it's not IANTE's or CST's fault, it's just one of those things. Though it is hugely annoying at that.

Any official word from Sky yet NR?,

kidcrew_Bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

a call to the BBC would do sweet FA...you obviously have no idea as to the extent of the issue...

surely the fact they're replacing fibre should make you think this isn't your run of the mill fault...splicing cables can't be easy - try and have some patience, find something else to do...do you really have to use the net every second of the day??

surely you have telephone banking? a car to go to the shops? other hobbies other than gaming?

just a thought...
      Blimey calm down mate - I WAS JOKING.......I haven't even got a brazier...

..and with 25 years in IT I've probably got at least as much idea as to the extent as you have pal....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast