Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

to go or not to go....

This is a discussion on to go or not to go.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; right I have had BB with Sky for just over a year and its never been quiet right, now my ...

Jonesy1968 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

to go or not to go....

right I have had BB with Sky for just over a year and its never been quiet right, now my contract is up I'm thinking of changing ISP's.

Only just found this forum and have read some interesting stuff, just wondered if anyone could give me some pointers.

I have noticed recently that when I look under connected devices I do not see my own laptop just my go's laptop, our Mac and my ps3 any ideas?

Also it drops connection so often I think I have worn the carpet out walking to the router.

I did initially speak to Sky and it seems my experience was like most of the other members, I spent so long on the phone being asked if I have turned it off and on again!! I finally got through to some kind of 3rd line support and the guy throttled our line to I think 5mb. This has made my connection slightly more stable but still nothing like it used to be when I had BT and my own Netgear router.

I am tempted to pick up another Netgear and extract my current details and just try that.

Is this a none issue not seeing devices connected?

thanks

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: to go or not to go....

Are you using wireless, if you are try a lead, you may just be having a wireless issue.

Also post your router stats.