Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sky speed problems

This is a discussion on Sky speed problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have had problems with sky broadband this morning where just after 1am it went down and had orange light ...

i love sky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alsager
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky speed problems

I have had problems with sky broadband this morning where just after 1am it went down and had orange light on router then at 2.30am it came back online.

Are they doing any work in the Alsager exchange tonight? if not does anyone know what the problem was??

2. Advertisement
      noikz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i love sky View Post
      I have had problems with sky broadband this morning where just after 1am it went down and had orange light on router then at 2.30am it came back online.

Are they doing any work in the Alsager exchange tonight? if not does anyone know what the problem was??
      It seems as though they've been working on the throughput problem the aforementioned exchanges have been having. Mine went down at the same time and my friends too.

And........ it's come back up and the problem is worse! Speedtest results are showing around 500kbs throughput via speedtest.net and for a single download from btopenworld's speed test, I was averaging around 20-30KB/s. I just hope they haven't deemed this as "fixed" and gone home.
      Dbox DM7020/Skystar HD + 1.1M Motor (57E-61W) | Dbox DM500 + 90CM Multi-LNB (13/16/19.2/28.2E) | SKY HD 500GB | SKY+ 250GB | Intel C2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz | 8GB Geil | 148GB RAID0 Raptors + 4TB RAID5 Seagates | 8800GTX SLI | Dell 2405FPW

mjdj1689 is offline Sky User Member
      Thanks

Exactly the same here my upload is now faster than my download getting 500kbs download speed , using my mobile now (orange hspda) thats giving me 1.3 meg download , looks like another call later today the speed is dire now, really really getting fed up with this now.

adrianw is offline Sky User Member
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm on the Alsager exhange too and am now down to ~300 kbs download speed according to the thinkbroadband speed test.

Temporarily, I'll switch my default route to the ADSL router and line kindly provided by my employer. It may only be 8 Mbs, but I do get 6Mbs downloads out of it.

If Sky don't sort out the problem soon, I'll ditch them for Be. 10 a month unlimited, with ~ 11 Mbs downloads, was fine, but this problem having gone on for so long, with CS seemingly not knowing about it, has given me very itchy feet.

gill07 is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Thanks

It appears there has been maintenance at the Alsager exchange which has affected connections overnight namely cutting some off temporarily.

As we are now aware, Sky have recognized that exchange faults have caused throughput issues and we are under the impression that engineers have been consulted to fix it.

However, the most recent 'update' of our exchanges, (the maintenance), has actually WORSENED our connections. I'm hoping this was only the first stage of maintenance and they've not packed up and said 'everything sorted'.

Noikz, the OP and myself appear to have been the first three customers to post and (possibly first experience) the throughput issues, but that I'm not sure. I'm sure we may just have to persevere for the week that CST supposedly said maintenance would take, and if not take further measures from there.

Agree everyone?

And we'll keep updates in this thread.

noikz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

I spoke to CST this morning who told me that the ticket is still open and that more work would be carried out tonight after midnight.

Last night their engineers met up with BT and replaced "some cabling" that they suspected of causing the fault, which in the end made no difference.
      Dbox DM7020/Skystar HD + 1.1M Motor (57E-61W) | Dbox DM500 + 90CM Multi-LNB (13/16/19.2/28.2E) | SKY HD 500GB | SKY+ 250GB | Intel C2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz | 8GB Geil | 148GB RAID0 Raptors + 4TB RAID5 Seagates | 8800GTX SLI | Dell 2405FPW

Thanks

Okay, so at least CST recognize that there is definitely a fault on the throughput front on the named exchanges.

It's clear that the BT work already been done hasn't fixed it, let's just hope that over the next 14 days or so the problem is cleared out.

I suspect it is the pipe connecting these clustered exchanges to the main Easynet network so if that's what they're working on, great.

Then again, any work is better than no work.

To the OP: Still experiencing the throughput problems I assume, as me and Noikz are.?

Thanks

Hi just got up and switched pc on 480kbs download speed , so lost a meg, it went off again at 5-30am and came back on at 5-50am , but made no difference, lets see what happens tonight, im at work but can monitor this page through the night, but today it has got even worst.
      Last edited by mjdj1689; 14-01-09 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjdj1689 View Post
      Hi just got up and switched pc on 480kbs download speed , so lost a meg, it went off again at 5-30am and came back on at 5-50am , but nade no difference, lets see what happens tonight, im at work but can monitor this page through the night, but today it has got even worst.
      I agree, I have lost 0.8Mb from the measly 1.6Mb I was receiving.

Let's hope Sky stick true to their word and really sort it out on this one.

Thanks

Its slow now seems even worst as more people coming onto use their pcs, watching you tube is a experiance shell we say the word "buffering" comes to mind.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast