Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Sky speed problems

This is a discussion on Sky speed problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The thread has been going for sometime so some people may want to be leaving Sky. I just got my ...

naza911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stechford
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky speed problems

The thread has been going for sometime so some people may want to be leaving Sky. I just got my MAC code off them yesterday(well waitng for it to arrive) and it was the quickest call I have had, simply asked how I wanted it to be sent, either via the post or as a text to my mobile, and which ISP I was moving to and that was it.

2. Advertisement
      kidcrew_Bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I don't want to leave Sky - my TV/phone/ BB is good value. The service was excellent until recently - got 11-12Mb pretty much all the time......so just need to wait for the fix....OR could it be that Sky have let the contention ratios get out of hand given the popularity / uptake recently (or could this not happen?)

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If it where contention then everyone on the network would be feeling it, not just a couple of exchanges.

Sky have advised of a fault and they have issued engineers to repair it. Not sure how long this will take as from the last reports they had tried a few things that didn't work and then were having difficulties getting into the areas required to do more work.

BT have the key

englishrick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alsager
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

just on phone to sky now trying to find out progress, they promised me this weekend all will be back to normal...i very much doubt it, so mac code line is next...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by englishrick View Post
      just on phone to sky now trying to find out progress, they promised me this weekend all will be back to normal...i very much doubt it, so mac code line is next...
      I wouldn't jump ship just yet unless you have a better one to sail on. They are trying to fix the problem, not sure what else they can do.

englishrick is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      I wouldn't jump ship just yet unless you have a better one to sail on. They are trying to fix the problem, not sure what else they can do.
      they have now just 30seconds ago told me there was no problem at exchange and its my equipments fault and do i want to do some more diagnostic checks with them..... i just asked for my mac code and am now on hold again

noikz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      BE is a far "better ship to sail on".

What else can they do?

1. When customers report faults, actual admit they exist rather than fobbing them off and leaving the issue to fester for well over a month.
      2. Admit publically that there's a fault, to inform any other paying customers of the problem, so they don't waste their time experimenting with their cabling/setup at home.
      3. Provide regular updates via a status page?
      4. Actually fix the fault. Apart from the first night of downtime, we've seen/heard no more evidence of any actual testing/progress.
      Dbox DM7020/Skystar HD + 1.1M Motor (57E-61W) | Dbox DM500 + 90CM Multi-LNB (13/16/19.2/28.2E) | SKY HD 500GB | SKY+ 250GB | Intel C2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz | 8GB Geil | 148GB RAID0 Raptors + 4TB RAID5 Seagates | 8800GTX SLI | Dell 2405FPW

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

afaik Engineers are due on site tonight at both the affected exchanges. Hopefully they will fix it.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

gill07 is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

After a couple of days off this thread, it seems that no progress has been made.

Now, if everyone remembers rightly, then when Sky told us then were onto the problem , it could take upto 2 weeks to fix dependant on the severity of the problem.

We've only had 6 days.

I for one, would be interested to see if mjdj's connection is fixed when he completes his migration to BE* Unlimited, because if he then has a great connection again, as far a I'm concerned that's when I'm asking for my MAC code.

Anyone agree?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noikz View Post
      BE is a far "better ship to sail on".

What else can they do?

1. When customers report faults, actual admit they exist rather than fobbing them off and leaving the issue to fester for well over a month.
      2. Admit publically that there's a fault, to inform any other paying customers of the problem, so they don't waste their time experimenting with their cabling/setup at home.
      3. Provide regular updates via a status page?
      4. Actually fix the fault. Apart from the first night of downtime, we've seen/heard no more evidence of any actual testing/progress.
      Don't get me wrong, I know they could do more to keep people informed and with hindsight they could have acted quicker to this issue.

This fault does seem to be quite an unusual one though and certainly one that has taken some tracking down (assuming they know what it is now)

The fact that people affected show a good sync speed and connection has hampered this fault finding as Sky would want the obvious checked first and that would logically be the customers setup and connection. It would have been much easier if the connections had dropped rather than just slowed.

They have admitted that there is a fault, at least to some people, I think this may be a case of the lower support levels not getting all the information to pass across, the higher levels can probably see the faults.

A status page would be great although the one's I have seen on other ISP's tend to be quite slow to respond and in most cases get updated only occasionally.

Just because you havent seen any evidence of them trying to repair the fault doesn't mean they are not doing so, you will have to give them more time, they may need to order equipment ect, they only seem to have narrowed the fault down last week.

I know it is a real pain but at least you have a limited connection for now.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast