Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sky speed problems

This is a discussion on Sky speed problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; it is NOT a one day fix!!! don't waste your time calling Sky for now, best check on here as ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sky speed problems

it is NOT a one day fix!!! don't waste your time calling Sky for now, best check on here as it'll save you the hassle...

you're looking a good week or so afaik but possibly quicker - all depends on what's actually at fault...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      adrianw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alsager
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I spoke to Sky back in, I think, November about the poor throughput, where I was lucky to get 3 Mb/s downloads on a link which had previously happily managed around 11 Mb/s. Responses included "you have too many connections open", "you are trying to do too much", "speed test sites are misleading", "you can only go as fast as the source site permits" etc. That I have an excellent line attenuation (I could hit the exchange with a catapult) and a high sync rate (16m) yet such a slow (and now worse) throughput didn't seem to them to indicate any kind of problem.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 16379 kbps 765 kbps
      Line Attenuation 5.0 db 3.7 db
      Noise Margin 9.9 db 12.0 db

Today I asked for a MAC code. Only took 5 minutes on the phone, but the code hasn't reached my mobile. Looks like I'll have to wait for the paper version. Then I'll be off to join Be (Pro). Yes, it will cost more, but will potentially be faster than Sky at its best, and with faster upload speeds too.

timwintle1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidsgrove
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Looks like the call centre in Scotland shuts at dinner time. I think i've just ended up somewhere in the far east. After a 20+ minute conversation in semi-english, she finally conceeded that the problem COULD be my exchange.

Wow, that was a revelation! I knew that! I was after a ticket number so they'd know this is affecting multiple people and to get their fingers out of their asses and get it sorted.

Fair enough if I wasn't paying for the service, but when I am I expect to get what I pay for.

I work in insurance, if someone paid their insurance premium and wrote their car off and then we decided we weren't gonna be bothered to pay the individual any money, I think they'd be slightly upset to. Same concept!

Anyyway, i've been told I can check the progress of my ticket number on the internet, pray where?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

no more tickets should be opened for the fault as it's already known...and you can't check online, never have...

and you will get what you pay for, once a pretty severe network fault has been cleared!!

Sky don't have an SLA on fix times, it's done when it's done...if you want 24hrs fixes, pay more for it elsewhere...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

mjdj1689 is offline Sky User Member
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Its ok saying its not a 24 hour fix or it will take a week to fix , but when you have had this ongoing for 2 months then its a pain, as for net being a luxury, thats wrong to how would companies survive without the net, . If they had actually give us a time when it was going to be fixed then that would be better, instead of having to wait. Anyway ill be paying just a bit more for 02 , english call centres -one department , not being passed here there and everywhere.

Now instead of waiting for sky to tell me a fix solution date , Im just waiting for my mac code which I know willl come quicker than a fix for our exchange.

samperry209 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

but thats not fixing the problem... thats just prolonging it.... moving isp wont fix throughput....

the only way its only gonna get fix is if someone throws a hissy fit at bt to get someone to the exchange

timwintle1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidsgrove
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I have to say my overall impression of the sky customer support in this country has been very good, and i'm now waiting for a fix for our exchange.

It is still infuriating no matter what you pay however if you don't get what was advertised. If I ordered a new car in black and it came in pink i'd be pretty ticked off, not to mention a little bit gay looking.

Anyway, from what I understand it's mainly BT who need to fix it, sky just rent the lines off them so they need to crack on and fix it. BT customer service take 50 minutes to answer the phone on a good day, Sky take 10 on a bad day, think thats where the problem lies.

I did speak to easynet earlier but the guy on the other end of the phone hadn't a clue what I was talking about. Nice!

englishrick is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samperry209 View Post
      but thats not fixing the problem... thats just prolonging it.... moving isp wont fix throughput....

the only way its only gonna get fix is if someone throws a hissy fit at bt to get someone to the exchange
      It wont fix skys throughput.....and who cares if your gonna move somewhere that offers a service that works...I shall be calling to ask for my mac also..Can't stand this any longer...

mjdj1689 is offline Sky User Member
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samperry209 View Post

I Thought it it was sky equipment at the exchange that at fault not bts , as a mate of mines on 02 and hes getting good speeds on the exchange ????

Skys customer service is good , but 2 months is a long time to wait

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

The problem could be with Sky's kit or BT's kit, either way, I personally agree with all those that are annoyed, you have every right to be so.

Not only is there no news forthcoming, there is no official update to the issue, to at least give you some guys n gals something to aim for as in a date of resolution etc

At the end of the day you pay your money to Sky for a service, not BT and if it is in fact BT's fault that the work has not been carried out, it is still not your fault or problem.

Moving ISP may well infact resolve the issue, there again it may not. Either way, you should still know where you stand.

How much work would it take to identify those affected (as its only 2 exchanges) and let you know?

1) What's going on
      2) A resolution date
      3) Maybe a gesture of goodwill credit on your accounts

There's nothing worse than being kept in the dark, like a mushroom, just hoping that those who are affected, will just accept it.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast