Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 77 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by steve16751 furrymunkey Hi am I right to presume that you are on Sky Mid because this thread ...

furrymunkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      furrymunkey
      Hi am I right to presume that you are on Sky Mid because this thread is about Sky connect if I am wrong let me know you see Sky connect is different but I do agree that some of Sky Base Mid and Max are having problems thanks for your input.
      I am on Sky connect and have been for about 16 months. And the NOT truth that IANTE refers true is truth. Sky DO NOT the the blame for throttling, they always blame BT for doing it, and it is all down to the contention rate.
      And for your information I have never been with BT broadband so why would they want me back. The way you're going IANTE anyone would think you were on commision with Sky as you seem to dismiss the claims and facts that the service is pathetic and has been for a long time and seem to stand up for Sky at every turn. Perhaps a miracle has happened and you are getting good speeds but there are many many people on this board who aren't.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I think IANTE has been led astray by the fact that your Profile indicates that you are on Mid, which is not effected by the Connect problems.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I've been with BT and got traffic shaped, then moved to Connect over a year ago and until recently have not had a problem...

Again, BT don't do the throttling - Sky do, we all know this...and I tell people who ask when at work...

If you had someone tell you that its BT - they're wrong...

As for BT not wanting you back - nothing stopping them poaching customers anyway

As for standing up for Sky -why wouldn't I? I work for them so I'm not gonna bite the hand that feeds me, am I?!?! I admit there's an issue, I've never denied that - all I'm saying is that it's not EVERYONE that's affected...just the handful who post on here and probably a few more who don't know about this forum...

And I've LOVE to be on commission - I'd make a fortune!!! (joke)...

End of the day, move if you feel you're not getting the service you pay for...if I didn't get it free I'd move but I'm not gonna pay for something I can make do with for nothing - that's just silly!!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

furrymunkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      Again, BT don't do the throttling - Sky do, we all know this...and I tell people who ask when at work...

That's exactly the point. After many many phone calls to sky support I got a phone call back from Sky telling me it was BT who were doing the throttling, not Sky. Like I says in my earlier post. If Sky were more honest instead of blaming BT then they might keep more customers. It is a sub standard service when the speeds are being constantly capped at night. Of ourse you're happy when your service is free but many others are paying good money for the connect package and getting appaling speeds specifically at night and little or no technical support. Yes I'm leaving but of course I wanted to have my say before I do so.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I never said I'm happy with my service, I said I make do because it's free...if it wasn't I'd be off to Zen...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I've been with BT and got traffic shaped, then moved to Connect over a year ago and until recently have not had a problem...

As for BT not wanting you back - nothing stopping them poaching customers anyway

As for standing up for Sky -why wouldn't I? I work for them so I'm not gonna bite the hand that feeds me, am I?!?! I admit there's an issue, I've never denied that - all I'm saying is that it's not EVERYONE that's affected...just the handful who post on here and probably a few more who don't know about this forum...

And I've LOVE to be on commission - I'd make a fortune!!! (joke)...

End of the day, move if you feel you're not getting the service you pay for...if I didn't get it free I'd move but I'm not gonna pay for something I can make do with for nothing - that's just silly!!
      Could you give us a 'quote' in order that we can follow the thread correctly. Your professional reply is interesting but we really do not know who or what you are replying to.

Thanks.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by furrymunkey View Post
      I am on Sky connect and have been for about 16 months. And the NOT truth that IANTE refers true is truth. Sky DO NOT the the blame for throttling, they always blame BT for doing it, and it is all down to the contention rate.
      And for your information I have never been with BT broadband so why would they want me back. The way you're going IANTE anyone would think you were on commision with Sky as you seem to dismiss the claims and facts that the service is pathetic and has been for a long time and seem to stand up for Sky at every turn. Perhaps a miracle has happened and you are getting good speeds but there are many many people on this board who aren't.
      Please remember that IANTE is a professional graduate And don't you forget it!

Exchange:
      Thanks

'.

As for standing up for Sky -why wouldn't I? I work for them so I'm not gonna bite the hand that feeds me, am I?!?! I admit there's an issue, I've never denied that .
      As a fellow professional, I rest my case!

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yunorisson View Post
      As a fellow professional, I rest my case!
      What are you professional at?

Exchange:
      Thanks

that did cross my mind, and tbh i hope it isn't...i'd have liked to be told if this was the case...
      Why not make some professional enquiries and maybe you could find the answer?