Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 68 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have had a BT engineer at my house yesterday as the speeds I've been having midday has been as ...

sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

I have had a BT engineer at my house yesterday as the speeds I've been having midday has been as low as 801kbps, he run a test at the point where the cable comes into house speed test 8.1 he said that is the best speed he has seen for an 8meg line.

Also tested the master socket where router is connected to again 8.1 on his speed test he said there is nothing wrong with my line and said it is sky that determines what comes down the line no BT.

Connection rate 8128 DS Upstream 448
      IP profile 7150

Speed has gone Cr*p
      I've still an open ticket from 3 weeks again slowly working up chain of command got to wait 24-48 hours for next call

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

paulo de muchi
      Hi the same old pass the the blame but the higher you get up the chain the more you achieve surely Sky has look at opening more LLU exchanges it can will benefit Sky and a lot of connect Customers could be transfered over leaving more room for more connect anyway keep the faith I know you have said your exchange has LLU enabled but no room that has to be the worst but when you get up that chain you never know someone may find space here`s hoping
      chrcol
      Hi I did not say he was on LLU. The LLU was about Sky The connection of Sky and Easynet networks
      Samknows Broadband - Comprehensive Broadband Information
      Ukonline also have a mixture of LLU and non LLU customers, the one who is talking on that thread is using the same BT centrals that sky connect customers use. So he isnt on LLU.
      LLU is not mentioned
      But as you say he is on a Ukonline connect package from easynet networks like Sky connect and he is being throttled sounds familiar

Thanks

sparkey
      It makes you laugh I had two Bt Engineers out because Bt said could not hold the speeds did Bt engineer use his lap top to do the tests thats what happened at mine Bt said my line could not hold more than 1500k yet before moving to Sky my Bt line showed 3500k Bt engineers both went back with speeds of 4500k thats why Bt sent out another engineer as I said same 4500k but at first Bt wound not agree even though down in writing on laptop still said 1500kso I had to convince Sky to tackle Bt so Bt sent in their line management RAMBo and still 1500k so the higher I got up the ladder I spoke to someone who could see what was happening and in the end a good outcome downstream hovers between at the moment 4192k to 4300k which with Bt speed tester IP Profile for line is 3500k a result except Sky`s 5pm till 1145pmaveraging 1200k which is not as bad as some connect so keep the faith

sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Hi steve16751

No BT engineer said my line would happily hold 7mb day and night, speed tests were 8.1mb on his laptop, it just seems to be sky not opening the line to full speed. Back in October my speeds where between 7.5 and 8mb all day it has gone down hill since then. Tuesday, yesterday just after 1pm my speeds test on the BT speed test with my router number@skydsl was 988kbps only know this as Sky CS has told me to test the line morning afternoon and night and have been doing from 12th FEB and it has only gone over 5mb twice in all them tests

Thanks

sparkey
      Hi have just ran Bt speed tester
      DSL D 4192 DSL U448
      IP Profile for line During test 3500
      Actual IP Throughput for test 1401
      2021 18/02/09 I still do the tests started last year sometime ago I usually do a test about 5pm ish then again between 8 and 9pm and sometimes between 11and Twelve midnight from about midnight till about 5pm no real problem with speed as I said I was told Sky could not do anything that was when I was running with 1500k I asked CST could I speak to his boss he said he could not help but would get him to ring me so I thanked him for all his help I received Telephone call the following day and when I explained about Bt showing 1500k he did a line check through Sky connection and said I should be getting at least 3500k so explained the whole story and he got Bt to reprofile my line told not to reboot or do any adjustment for about 5 days and would ring back rang that afternoon and asked if there was any improvements which there was not he then again rang back about 6pm there was a slight adjustment rang back following day and Bt speed tester showed IP Profile 3500kafter the 5 days everything was great when I was having the problem the speeds were 4250 Downstream 448 Upstream IP Profile 135k Actual throughput 86k the profile crawled up to 350k but actual was still 135k within 5 days back to what I had when I first joined through the day IP Profile 3500k and actual throughput 3273k that was this morning it is just a matter of not giving in this really started to get annoying when I moved to Sky Talk with Sky line rental.This thread has only been going since the 07/01/09 look how many posts 673 and viewed 15,432 just over a month we have to flood this thread with so many posts and views Sky will have no option but do something about their connect Customers (heres me saying flood the thread I could have done ten posts with what I have written)

Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Speeds dont seem to bad at the minute (9:27)

Speed test giving me 1.6mb, while am downloading at 97k and streaming radio!

Thanks

Gazz380
      Hi I am getting 1401 yesterday 1298 Long may it last if it is creeping up great

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Gazz380
      Hi I am getting 1401 yesterday 1298 Long may it last if it is creeping up great
      Hi! Steve

Have I got his right? Your speeds were 1.298 Mb & 1.401Mb?

If I have got it right, those speeds are way, way below what should be expected. You should be looking towards around 5Mb'ish -plus. Since my migration to IDNet my speeds have gone from around 1Mb (with Connect) to touching 7Mb, an increase of around 6Mb.

You are a lovely guy, but please don't be kidded by the odd irregular higher reading.

The truth of the matter is that the Connect package after 5pmish is a poor service.

Thanks for your responsive posts.
      Last edited by yunorisson; 19-02-09 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Punctuation

furrymunkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Slower than a week in jail!!!!

I know the connect service has been appaling for months now, in my case a slow down to around 260k every night for the ast 6 months and now Sky have capped it all by hammering my line speed:
      DownStream Connection Speed 576 kbps
      UpStream Connection Speed 288 kbps

I have been told that I am not on FUP and waiting yet again for the phone call back that never happens. I spoke to BT technical today and told him what was going on and mentioned that sky told me the speeds were being cut by BT....and surprise surprise...YES BT will cut speeds...BUT only when told to bt sky. So sky telling us that BT is cutting the speeds is a play on words. It's all abot the contention rate, trying to cram as much people on one pod as they can.Sky has to tell BT wholesale to cut the speeds and that fact they seem to forget to mention. Why tell us to do all these tests when we call sky support when the simple truth woud suffice??.

stealthy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01702
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stealthy View Post
      port 110 / non sky mail server
      port 563 / non sky ssl news server
      port 119 / non sky news server
      port 21 / non sky ftp server
      Same ports are not accessible again tonight.

I've not used the line for a few days. Used about 400MB of data in the afternoon, then went out shopping/eating (my birthday ), came back and tried to check my email around 2255-2315, and same ports are not accessible.

I'll be calling Sky tomorrow to cancel ADSL, and calling Be for info/sign up to their LLU package

Will post again when I get some movement on the situation.
      Last edited by stealthy; 20-02-09 at 12:19 AM. Reason: .x.