Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 67 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello all, first time poster. Came to the forum to see if i was getting capped and any advice. After ...

AngryAnt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLKKB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Hello all, first time poster.

Came to the forum to see if i was getting capped and any advice. After reading over this, looks like its just our package and has been going on for a while. Guess im lucky its only been 6 weeks or so for me. Considering changing ISP's if it doesn't pick up.

---------

If this still matters;

* Broadband package: Sky Connect
      * Normal Speed: 6Megs
      * Current throttled speed: Below 512K (apart from when i did my 5th speed test -_-)
      * Average usage per day: Router is constantly on, about 7 hours at the pc
      * What does this throttling affect? *everything*. I'm a gamer so its effecting me extremely badly. At times i can't even load web pages.

----------

Lovely huh? Taken today at 8:35pm

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

at 9 PM(ish) tonight...

-------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

IAmNotTheEnemy
      Excellent I hope it stays that way. Mine not that bad in fact have not seen many complaints.
      could it be improving we can only hope
      yunorisson
      Thanks you have a good one
      Connect (Seriously Throttled By Sky/BT After 6pm)
      AngryAnt
      Hi Just saying thought it was improving looks like I was Wrong have you had slow speeds from day 1 or has it just started as you can see it does improve and when it drops its between 5pm and 1145pm besides that normal speeds anyway
      Welcome to connect

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      AngryAnt
      Hi Just saying thought it was improving looks like I was Wrong have you had slow speeds from day 1 or has it just started as you can see it does improve and when it drops its between 5pm and 1145pm besides that normal speeds anyway
      Welcome to connect
      I've been rather lucky, been on Sky for about two years, having realistically only about two months worth of rough speeds. This has been keeping up for about 5/6 weeks now. Its making games unplayable.
      Its only between 5pm and 11:45pm (give or take an hour). I know thats peak times, but i go from 6megs down to this :/, bit too much of a drop if you ask me.

Thanks

AngryAnt
      Yes disappointing But it will improve the problem is just don`t ask when
      Connect – 40GB & subject to Traffic Management Policy.

IAmNotTheEnemy
      It is strange how it fluctuates every few seconds dropped at first 4.30pm till 10.00pm then 5.00pm till 11.00pm then 5.00 till 11.45pm now it seems to happen anytime between those hours yesterday about 5.45pm 1298k then three hours later 1900k then at 11.45pm 1200kyet i was only on Skyuser Forum then at 12.30am 3256k speeds are not as bad as they used used to be now hovering around 1Mb plus

Thanks

AngryAnt
      Yes disappointing But it will improve the problem is just don`t ask when
      See, i thought it might be the usage policy. But i can't see how i've gone over it, since bar the internet being on, i've not been doing anything gig hungry for the last few weeks. I've also not recived a email or phone message telling me i've been capped.

Pah. Stupid Sky...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yunorisson View Post
      Migrated away successfully this morning from the dreadful service that is Sky Connect.
      Good luck, have heard a lot of positive things about IDNet.

I would like to thank 'Sky User' for allowing our thoughts and feelings to be aired on this forum....excellent.....well done! Naturally I will continue to visit as I am a Sky TV and Talk customer still. Also thanks to fellow posters who have produced some top class input that has been both helpful and thought provoking.
      There's absolutely no reason why we should not allow this, clearly its a big issue, and tbh - We are fed up of not having any response or clear replies to the questions we have asked.

Sky can claim their right to burying their heads in the sand, and pretend that it will go away, but at the same time, we will claim our right to let people know the truth and what you do actually receive, whilst on Connect.

It don't affect a huge majority of LLU customers, so we are lucky. However, those that don't have any idea, at least now can get an insight through this thread.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

NewsreadeR
      Hi and thanks the some LLU Customers it affects this week could be a lot more next week
      The problem is it does affect some LLU Customers have a look on below and after reading click on view LLU coverage map about Sky/Easynet LLU
      In addition to supporting Sky, the Easynet network is also used by UKOnline (a subsidiary of Easynet).
      from an earlier post from
      After looking at the Sky forums, it does seem very much like I'm being subjected to Sky's throttling despite being a UKOnline customer
      AngryAnt
      HI It does not seem to matter what you do, but we can only hope.This is from an earlier post actual IP throughput for line during test1298k anyway got big shoulders
      The only sites I visit is Sky home page and Skyuser Forum I wanted to see if there was any change and none what so ever.
      So come on Sky we are not going away

paulo de muchi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fulham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

So come on Sky we are not going away [/QUOTE]

Well I fear we may be waiting a long time. I haven't posted for a while as I've been awaiting further investigation on a series of problems on my line. A capped IP profile of 2.5meg was one of them. BT were repeatedly told to increase this, yesterday it fell to 1.75meg. Not sure whether this is the start of training period again, anyways, needless to say things are getting worse.

The throttling is the second problem with my line and something Sky haven't really acknowledged other than to say its BTs fault, is just their workings blah blah.

To further aggravate things no doubt, having been in touch with someone I imagine to be relatively senior at Sky (offered to let me leave 1 month into a 12 month or reduced BB subs to 5 a month). I pushed and pushed around the issue of Sky needing to increase capacity and start moving people off Connect (didn't ask around further LLU plans, just where there was no free slots in an sky/easynet enabled exhange).

Unfortunately the gentleman stated there was literally no plans to increase capacity in the near future, and this was a decision taken in 'mid-to-late Dec'. He wouldn't say whether this was a Sky decision or BT imposed. He seemed to hint at the latter.

Please take this with a pinch of salt sure this may change but its something to bear in mind for this considering 'sitting it out'.

Cheers

paulo

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

NewsreadeR
      Hi and thanks the some LLU Customers it affects this week could be a lot more next week
      The problem is it does affect some LLU Customers have a look on below and after reading click on view LLU coverage map about Sky/Easynet LLU

from an earlier post from

AngryAnt
      HI It does not seem to matter what you do, but we can only hope.This is from an earlier post actual IP throughput for line during test1298k anyway got big shoulders

So come on Sky we are not going away
      Ukonline also have a mixture of LLU and non LLU customers, the one who is talking on that thread is using the same BT centrals that sky connect customers use. So he isnt on LLU.