Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 65 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy here's one I've just done - best ever!! not too shabby!! No, not too shabby but ...

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      here's one I've just done - best ever!!

not too shabby!!
      No, not too shabby but will they hold up ? I will post mine over the next couple of days and you post yours. Good luck!

Hopefully we will get some more readings from Sky Connect customers?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

ye of little faith...

im not saying there's not an issue - we all know there is - but this is the best and i dont seem to get it as bad as some others...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      ye of little faith...

im not saying there's not an issue - we all know there is - but this is the best and i dont seem to get it as bad as some others...
      I do think that several hundreds who have contributed here may disagree with you.

There is clearly an issue and you are very lucky that you don't get it as bad as others.

If you are happy with your service from Sky Connect then that is absolutely fine but there are very many who are not and it should not be swept under the carpet.

I wasn't happy and took the required action (for me) and very pleased that I did.

Don't forget to post your readings over the next few days. It will be interesting.

Exchange:
      Thanks

It is cooking here. A bit different to minus 1 Mb with Sky Connect.

doubleOeck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: limavady
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

5.33pm

7.34pm

not as bad as usual but still just taking the michael.

I only have 2 llu services on my exchange I could get talktalk or aol and bad as they are I'm actually considering aol's 24mb package.

colonelsun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Thanks

Please, i beg you, turn gay, vote Lib Dem or get intimate with your feminine side but don't, don't ever consider AOL as an alternative for an ISP.

I joined them in the dial up days, i'm getting a sense of de javu now i'm on Sky's lacklustre product, i was still with them when broadband was on offer and finally left them thanks to a legal letter from my solicitor....they refused to let me go despite being with them 8 years. The game was up for AOL when they offered to increase my speeds, the first downloaded update managed to erase a third of the contents on my hard drive & the 2nd update, a disk from AOL, managed to fry the hard drive. Slow speeds, a useless AOL browser, sessions routinely cut off for no reason, lost emails, over charging long time members while offering the same product for 15 less and a truly lousy customer services....these are just a few reasons why AOL should be avoided.

But i know exactly how you feel, the frustration, the faceless denials of anything being wrong and the sheer helplessness you feel, while Sky routinely lift from your wallet 17.99 of your hard earned money every month.........you do start to think stupid things.....simply because SKY are too arrogant to address their member's concerns in an adult and professional manner. When a company spends so much on advertising telling the world they love their customers...you just know the chasm between them and their customers is growing bigger by the day.

And yet they could solve this problem, garner a load off free good publicity and maybe some more subscribers just by admitting there's a problem and fixing it. Their public profile would go through the roof and they'd receive the respect they deserve for breaking ranks and admitting the existing system is not sustainable.

To lose a load of Sky Connect subscribers because of a lousy broadband service could be called careless but when those customers start taking their telephone and satellite subscriptions with them too is surely suicide in the long term.

Just my opinion, sorry for the rant.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Good weekend very little drop in download speed but just ran Bt speed tester
      Dsl D4192 DSL U448
      IP Profile for line 350
      Actual Throughput 1298
      not as bad as a lot of connect Customers. But?
      yunorisson
      Pleased your getting some speed at last. Now you can just sit relax and enjoy
      IAmNotTheEnemy
      Why does it look like a rota system. The only sites I visit is Sky home page and Skyuser Forum I wanted to see if there was any change and none what so ever.
      For those with better speeds great. For the rest post a message on this thread
      colonelsun
      enjoyed rant I would say in short terms Stupidity
      To lose a load of Sky Connect subscribers because of a lousy broadband service could be called careless but when those customers start taking their telephone and satellite subscriptions with them too is surely suicide in the long term.
      doubleOeck
      you never know they maybe trying something different
      not as bad as usual but still just taking the michael.
      For those with better speeds great.
      For the rest post a message on this thread

doubleOeck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: limavady
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by colonelsun View Post
      ..... while Sky routinely lift from your wallet 17.99 of your hard earned money every month..........
      therein lies my biggest problem, I only pay 5 per month for my broadband, I took the 3 for 16 deal they were offering a few years ago, they let me have the broadband discounted becuase my exchnage was to be upgraded within 6 months to their llu service, that was slightly over 2 years ago.

Now the thing I also know is that most certainly sky are loosing money on my connection so I think I'll stick it out, complain like a right pain in the you know what and cost them a few more 's on the way

jumping ship would only make it easy for them!

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

doubleOeck
      Hi I have the same problem paying 5 per month and still awaiting Sky LLU Sky offered me Mac code to leave I said I am here for duration as you say for the price. it is going to get better the problem is no one seems to know when. But keep the faith

jumping ship would only make it easy for them!

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Thanks

I think it will only get better when Sky loses a ton of connect customers.

When Xbox Live bellied up Xmas 2007 due to capacity issues, Microsoft 1st pretended there wasn't a problem then they worked on it until the 1st week of January when it got "fixed".

Their fix was to sweat it out until everybody went back to school and work.

And Sky will be no different they will do the cheapest option possible, in this case nothing and if they lose some customers it gives them bandwidth back to sell on to the next poor lot.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!