Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 64 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The magic phrase you need to ask Sky is for their "full and final descion" regarding this matter. If you ...

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

The magic phrase you need to ask Sky is for their "full and final descion" regarding this matter.

If you use that they will have to comply and then it shall be in deadlock, it also means that there is no time limit on how long the complaint has to have been active for so a complaint to the regulator can be immediate.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

2. Advertisement
      jonmacuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Greenock WSGRE
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well I am off chaps had enough of what I now regard as a second rate broadband service.
      Signed up for talk talk and will be moving on March.

Finally snapped today at 4pm when I tested my speed and it would not go above 400 kbs. I pay 40 quid a year for xbox live (not to mention the 17 pm for connect) and cant play online so its goodbye sky broadband.

On another note it seems this thread was a bit of a waste as sky are not going to pay one bit of notice to anybody posting on here. Its good for folk to vent their anger and all that but after 600 odd posts nobody on the connect package is going to get anything from it .

Wish all the remaining connect customers the best and hope something gets done for you but I wont be waiting any longer for sky to pull their finger out and do something about it.

Cheers

anything-but is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: shorne.
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet option 3.
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Jumped last week,due to go live on Plusnet tuesday.......wonder if/when Sky will notice the rats leaving the sinking connect ship?

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

jonmacuk
      Hi Yes I know it frustrating thought the more connect Customers leaving information on this thread someone would pick it up as a media story the problem is we need thousands not hundreds for any one in the media to pick up the story plus if Sky saw it grow that much they would panic fair enough 633 posts 14,435 views we need that ten fold at least. The ones that are leaving or left do not forget to say good bye on this thread.

anything-but
      Hi I hope you get what your looking for
      Here`s what another ISP Customer is saying. If they think they have a problem. I wonder how many other ISP Customers are saying the same. The more the better
      An update to this. thinkbroadband :: The UK's largest independent Broadband / ADSL comparison & review website
      After looking at the Sky forums, it does seem very much like I'm being subjected to Sky's throttling despite being a UKOnline customer
      The exact same issues are being reported over there with pinging in game servers being higher than expected, the constant delays, and the extremely slow evening speeds (and rise in general latency coming from their network).
      NewsreadeR
      Hi I really Do not believe that they could at least mentioned Skyusers forum I honestly think some of them are living up in the clouds
      They could have at least linked to ours.
      Isitme
      Well said
      What! Give a customer an address where they will find a 600+ thread about the problem? That might lead to instant dismissal. Like the Pace box recall, Sky seem to think that a problem that is concealed goes away.
      Steve

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The problem is that although the forum is large it represents a very small percentage of Sky users, I would guess about 1.5%. If you multiply the problems posted here by a factor of about 66, then Sky have a problem whether they will admit it or not. The usual reply to problems posted on forums is that only those with problems post, but in this case I am pretty sure that if all Sky Connect customers were aware of the forum, SkyUser would be deluged by posts.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Thanks

Deed Done!

Migrated away successfully this morning from the dreadful service that is Sky Connect.

Decided to go with IDNet for several reasons, the main one being, guaranteed no throttling, plus monthly contract (even if you pay yearly and cancel the remainder is reimbursed), total UK CS (not hit and miss as with Sky) who answer the 0800 number within a couple of rings.

Clearly, something does give, I will pay the same as Connect with only 5Gb download allowance per month (Extra GB's 1.00) but at least I will be able to use the 5Gb as it should be used and not as a second rate product that is being offered by Sky Connect.

I would like to thank 'Sky User' for allowing our thoughts and feelings to be aired on this forum....excellent.....well done! Naturally I will continue to visit as I am a Sky TV and Talk customer still. Also thanks to fellow posters who have produced some top class input that has been both helpful and thought provoking.

Sturmdave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burntisland
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Can some of the people that have moved report back if it fixes the problem please?

Don't want to move to another ISP just to find they get throttled too.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmdave View Post
      Can some of the people that have moved report back if it fixes the problem please?

Don't want to move to another ISP just to find they get throttled too.
      This may be some proof for you.

If you look at some of my earlier posts you will see that my Sky Connect speeds after 5pm every evening after 5pm were below 1Mb.

This is my first evening with IDNet and am getting almost 7Mb after 6pm. To prove that this is not a coincidence I will post speeds over the next few days.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Here is another reading for you.

A reading as high as this would have been totally impossible with Sky Connect at this time of the evening, in fact never had a reading in this range.

Remember these high readings are on the SAME PC with the SAME set up and without doing the Sky CS Hokey Cokey Technical Fiasco ( you put this lead in, you take this lead out and then shake it all about). A totally different world. It makes the internet enjoyable again.
      Last edited by yunorisson; 16-02-09 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Update

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

here's one I've just done - best ever!!

not too shabby!!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket