Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 55 of 189 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by yunorisson Got my MAC. Can't afford to let the blood pressure increase or pay Sky 170. extrication ...

Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Quote Originally Posted by yunorisson View Post
      Got my MAC. Can't afford to let the blood pressure increase or pay Sky 170. extrication fee. OR BOTH!

So, for sake of health and sanity will sit it out until the right time comes along. Thanks for the advice, but health is important and internet connectivity though nice and enjoyable is not the be all and all of life just a very small part.
      you are within your rights to leave sky if you have provided BT Speedtests and the prove your service is unacceptable! i did a similar thing with virgin media. Newnet S (20gb one) for 20 looks promising! i may look into it, does anyone know who there parent reseller is?

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

BT, all these packages, Sky connect etc are rebadged BT.

51ayer88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Terrington st. John
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

weird how my speeds vary SO much from day to day.
      cuple of days ago i was gettin the fasted speeds i have ever had, now below average once again. understand rural area so loads of houses on one exchange so speeds vary when different amount of people are using their connection but this is ridicilous. even out of peak times its still running slow even in morning im running just under 3mb.

with what i use my connection for i could cope with not getting the full 8mb (got just under 5mb). but 2mb or so slower is just not enough. even youtube videos struggle to load up smoothly, i have to wait a minture for them to load before i watch them in one!! seriously considering leaving, but struggling to find a reasonably priced package in my area! tiscali is about the only other choice iv found so far which aint brillaint but its better than sky at the moment.

c'mon sky!! what where you thinking?!?

Thanks

DON'T GO TO TISCALI

They are as bad if not worse than Sky. Try Plusnet, Zen, Newnet if you don't have any LLU companies at the exchange.

Thanks

yeah im currently looking at ANY other option as freind down the road has problems with tiscali so iv been put off abit. my exchange is all Non-LLU but dont want to pay more than i pay for sky connect if i can help it. cheap and Non-LLU do NOT go together and its annoying really.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 51ayer88 View Post
      weird how my speeds vary SO much from day to day.
      cuple of days ago i was gettin the fasted speeds i have ever had, now below average once again. understand rural area so loads of houses on one exchange so speeds vary when different amount of people are using their connection but this is ridicilous. even out of peak times its still running slow even in morning im running just under 3mb.

with what i use my connection for i could cope with not getting the full 8mb (got just under 5mb). but 2mb or so slower is just not enough. even youtube videos struggle to load up smoothly, i have to wait a minture for them to load before i watch them in one!! seriously considering leaving, but struggling to find a reasonably priced package in my area! tiscali is about the only other choice iv found so far which aint brillaint but its better than sky at the moment.

c'mon sky!! what where you thinking?!?

I did not know that Sky supplied an oil powered router!! or have you got electricity in Terrington St John now
      I agree stay away from Tiscali whan ever you do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      I did not know that Sky supplied an oil powered router!! or have you got electricity in Terrington St John now
      I agree stay away from Tiscali whan ever you do

haha very funny ..well i live in walpole highway a mile or so down the road and we use the same exchange. so do most of the villages surrounding terrington st. john and yeah finally decided there definatly a no! with little choices im struggling to find a reasonably cheap broadband package (say 15 - 20), almost all NON-LLU are more expensive than that which is a pain

Thanks

That's the problem, to keep good capacity and service you cannot run it at 15-20 per month per customer, BT charge more than that to them..

For a company to make a profit you are looking more like 30 per month with around the 40Gb download figure. Anyone any cheaper for that sort of download is going to be doing it the same way, cram twice as many on to make the profit and suffer the poor service.

If you can reduce you download you will find cheaper, Zen do a few lower download limited packages starting from 17.00. It's just finding the right balance for your usage or reducing your usage to reduce the cost.

Zen Internet - Broadband, Hosting, Leased Lines & Security Services

Thanks

yeah exactly, looked at zen, plusnet and think i could just about scrape through with a 20gb download limit but im looking into because im looking for freedom on the internet which aint that easy where i am

Thanks

You will struggle to find anyone with a bad word for Zen, they have been around for a while and were one of the best ISP's for gamers.

They price realistic so you should see good speeds at all tmes of the day.

Plusnet are now owned by BT which has enabled tem to buy capacity as they has issues a couple of years back but I'm not 100% sure they are as good as Zen.