Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 50 of 189 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well I read the 1.4Gb per day, go over and the next you have lower connection so hardly touched it ...

TazN is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shotley EASHL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Well I read the 1.4Gb per day, go over and the next you have lower connection so hardly touched it yesterday or today and it's even worse than normal tonight.

Currently trying to speak to TS and see about getting a mac code.
      Current wait 15mins.... seems they are busy with complaints

2. Advertisement
      Mizuri is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Worse than its ever been for me tonight.

Your DSL connection rate:
      5664 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
      P profile for your line is - 4500 kbps
      Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 727 kbps

Criminal, it really is

gavin27 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01248
      Broadband ISP: ORANGE
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I have sky sports and 5 pack, hd, line rental and sky talk unlimited. I got orange broadband which my contract with them is ending end of March. My telephone exchange has not been unbundled so I can only get the connect for 17 pm, does anyone know if I could get the connect any cheaper as I am a loyal customer?

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Why would you want Connect? have a read of some of the threads on here before you decide.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

40GB/28 days = 1.4GB a day...if you go over this on a day you'll be monitored - if you then don't use a lot after that (say you were getting a distro/game/something big) then it shouldn't matter...

obviously this isn't working right, though...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

JRush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aberdeen North
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Broadband package: Sky Connect
      Normal Speed: ?? dunno tbh
      Current throttled speed: 1800kbps (download) tested just now. its 366 Kbps (upload)
      Average usage per day: Light to Average. i sometimes download more than 1 gig in one day but not often at all. I certainly dont think ive went over my 40 gig limit. Or at least Sky have never mentioned to me if i have

What does this throttling affect? Browsing can be slowish but its Downloading which is affected the most. I use my Ps3 to download some game demos and its painfully slow. Surprisingly normal pc gaming is mostly fine, only occasionally dropping connection.

Will be giving Sky a phone to ask why they are doing this hrmm. Thing is i started on Connect but about a year ago Sky gave me the Mid package price and said i would be getting transferred to that. Actually maybe i am on Sky Mid? As my exchange has been enabled for LLU (i think) for a long long time now.

doubleOeck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: limavady
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

well first post so go easy but you can add me to the throttled list as well, I've been on the 'Connect' package for around 20months (17 discounted to 5 a month - your exchange is due to be llu'd with the next 6 months - yeah right!) now without problems, but recently have been experiencing the big drops in performance like the rest of you during peak times, ie todays results.....

3pm speedtest = Down 7110kb/s Up 370kb/s
      9.30pm speedtest = Down 703kb/s Up 367kb/s

Now I wouldn't consider myself a heavy user, especially not of p2p/newsgroups/ftp type apps, what I would do is watch the odd footie stream and also use it a lot for bbc iplayer via my zyxel dma1100 to my telly and a bit of gaming. I'm just not sure how much I use every day, I never had any reason to montior my usage, if they were going to throttle my connection because of excessive usage then some sort of warning might have helped first.

Anyway I placed a ticket to see if I can get some answers but like the rest of you I ain't holding my breath.

The thing is with I see some of you mention the 1.4gb a day limit, well my connection wasn't used at all sat/sun/mon this week then tues was used as normal and the Wed evening was throttled!

something doesn't add up!

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Please read and listen to Saturday he is only trying to explain the whole picture which is important

No, the same model applies to mobile phones. Overall, more customers stay than leave so over the whole base, profit is made. There's also the aim to do what's called "upselling" and "cross selling" i.e. if a customer has one service then it is easier to sell another, plus extending the customer lifetime. There's also no doubt, an intention to migrate Connect customers to LLU.

It's not Sky's business model that has gone wrong but their business practices: a price increase in a recession, blackmailing customers into taking additional products and failing to keep existing customers happy.

Sky is also, it seems to me, falling into the same trap that mobile companies fell into a few years ago: massive land grab with senior executives bonused on new connections and ARPU with scant regard to customer churn. If the Connect churn is bad (and no doubt causing collateral damage) then Sky's CFO is going to be raising merry hell any time soon.
      Listen to what has been said He has help Numerous server OK CONNECT HAS PROBLEMS AND SATURDAY WILL HELP IF WE GIVE HIM A CHANCE I SAY AND THANK YOU
      ___Steve

fugly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Broadband ISP: BT Option 3
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JRush View Post
      Broadband package: Sky Connect
      Normal Speed: ?? dunno tbh
      Current throttled speed: 1800kbps (download) tested just now. its 366 Kbps (upload)
      Average usage per day: Light to Average. i sometimes download more than 1 gig in one day but not often at all. I certainly dont think ive went over my 40 gig limit. Or at least Sky have never mentioned to me if i have

What does this throttling affect? Browsing can be slowish but its Downloading which is affected the most. I use my Ps3 to download some game demos and its painfully slow. Surprisingly normal pc gaming is mostly fine, only occasionally dropping connection.

Will be giving Sky a phone to ask why they are doing this hrmm. Thing is i started on Connect but about a year ago Sky gave me the Mid package price and said i would be getting transferred to that. Actually maybe i am on Sky Mid? As my exchange has been enabled for LLU (i think) for a long long time now.
      I think you are on Connect due to your upload speed

Devil_Spawn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      40GB/28 days = 1.4GB a day...if you go over this on a day you'll be monitored - if you then don't use a lot after that (say you were getting a distro/game/something big) then it shouldn't matter...

obviously this isn't working right, though...
      how long is the cooldown? im guessing it isnt like 2 weeks...