Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 44 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Never thought I'd say it but sky-connect to me is a worse service than BT . it's abolsutely hopeless, not ...

coreservers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dalkeith
      Broadband ISP: IDnet
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Never thought I'd say it but sky-connect to me is a worse service than BT. it's abolsutely hopeless, not fit for purpose, and misleading customers. I've discovered I can get o2 LLu'ed at my exchange. So I think I'll be off, and i'm certainly not paying any kind of disconnection chagre for this absolute lie of a service.
      I'm thuoroughly fed up with non customer service, throttling for obeying the fair use policy!, and generally poor all round reliability;.

The fact that we are still being ignored by sky managment is the final straw for me.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

@Gazz380
      Your DSL connection rate: 7648 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UPSTREAM)
      IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
      Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1411 kbps
      Your connection speed and profile look OK. Try running the BT Performance test before 5 pm. See what throughput you get. If you get much below 5-6 Mb and you are not running Vista, download and run TCPOptimiser, link below. This will ensure your PC is properly set up for broadband speeds.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

While I Understand how you feel, you did enter into a contract with Sky, so If you are still in the min term (12 months) and wish to leave for a new ISP, I'm sure Sky will want the remainder of the contract paid up. This should not hold up or prevent them from issueing a MAC, so you can move.

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Thanks

No problems during the day as you can see from this reading but wait until 5pm comes around and it will drop to almost dial up speeds.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I did, but sky also entered into a contract with me. And it is they who've chosen to punish me for no reason. solely because they chose to try and get away with buying bandwidth on the cheap.Why should we put up with bully boy companies like this, trying to take money from us for lessening what we recieve. If you buy food in a reastaurant off the menu, but only get 1 tenth\ twentienth of what you order, do you just sit and hand over the money? no you complain, but it seems we shouldn't complain to sky, cause the poor guys there dont like it. Well I dont like the service so i'm sure i will complain, and compain until I get value for money

Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      @Gazz380

Your connection speed and profile look OK. Try running the BT Performance test before 5 pm. See what throughput you get. If you get much below 5-6 Mb and you are not running Vista, download and run TCPOptimiser, link below. This will ensure your PC is properly set up for broadband speeds.
      @Isitme

Are you Sky in disguise? i dont need my computer optimized, my line tested or the yellow cable (mines actually blue) dangled infront of the router! my connection is anything but ok!! before 5pm i get 6.5mb, after 5 i am lucky if i get 1! last night was a one off! Sky (management) are a bunch of useless ******tards!!

(not a personal go at you itisme btw)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I can assure you, apart from being a customer, I have no connection whatsoever with Sky. I was simply making a suggestion. My next suggestion is that you leave and go to another ISP. If you read some of my comments re: Connect you would know that I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

alan26uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chellaston
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz380 View Post
      @Isitme

Are you Sky in disguise? i dont need my computer optimized, my line tested or the yellow cable (mines actually blue) dangled infront of the router! my connection is anything but ok!! before 5pm i get 6.5mb, after 5 i am lucky if i get 1! last night was a one off! Sky (management) are a bunch of useless ******tards!!

(not a personal go at you itisme btw)
      I agree 100% with this statment (about sky being useless!!)... When i was with BT broadband my connection speed was always around 6000kb/s and now i'm with Sky the fastest i get is between 2500kb/s - 3000kb/s during the day and the fastest i have EVER been between 5pm and 12am is 900kb/s.

The ave tried everything to see what the problem could be, involving numerous BT engineer visits to the Exchange and changing the router etc... But nothing has changed...

As a gamer it's an absolute nightmare, paying a subscription every month but unable to play due to huge lag issues!!!!

Sky TV:
      Thanks

So where are the promised updates, the fixes. Or is it just more lies from Sky TS managment.
      I'm down to a fantastic 248k now. For a "customer oriented company", they seem to think that customer service consists of lying and cheating. Where are you TS? where's the fixes!!!!!!!!!

Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Connection Speed 7680 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 47.0 db 26.5 db
      Noise Margin 5.6 db 14.0 db

Actual -

Your DSL connection rate: 7680 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
      IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
      Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 21 kbps

*crys*