Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 42 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Its not really on though having to goto to work and then someone rips in to you for no fault ...

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Its not really on though having to goto to work and then someone rips in to you for no fault of your own, just because it makes you feel better. Pathetic

2. Advertisement
      paulo de muchi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fulham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by googleme View Post
      Its not really on though having to goto to work and then someone rips in to you for no fault of your own, just because it makes you feel better. Pathetic
      Come now, take it with a pinch of salt. It was a very tame gag, I understand the only way to make any progress is a softly softly approach.

However, after being told, ok its a fault with BT, again. I'll tell them and make sure they do something. This is deja vu and lets be honest Sky don't rarely care, you're a faceless voice. They don't seem to take much in the way of ownership in a problem.

Not sure what you do for a living googleme but I'm an IT consultant currently working at a major UK broadcaster, can you imagine how chuffed they'd be if I said, sorry not my problem that you can't get your show out tonight, I'll probably pass the problem to someone else and see how they get on.

I'd be fired. Fact.

Just to reiterate, I don't shout at Sky CS people, in fact I find them extremely personable, its merely a gag.

Cheer up

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

My fault Paul I took it the wrong way, sorry.

Just speaking to people nicely get things done a lot quicker, also a lot less pain less for people.

It just a bit of a pain though that BT are still getting the blame for it, why can some agents just hold there hands up and explain the situation.

As for what I do for a living, well

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It just a bit of a pain though that BT are still getting the blame for it
      In Paulo's case it may very well be BT who are to blame. His problem is not really with throttling, his connection has a problem which only BT can fix, but they will only do this if requested by Sky. Right from the start there have been communications problems between Sky and BT. Other ISPs do not seem to suffer from this. If it were Plusnet, a quick phone call from them to BT would have it fixed in a matter of hours. Sky do not seem to have this rapport, but have to go through endless loops which can take days or even weeks.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

paulo de muchi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fulham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      In Paulo's case it may very well be BT who are to blame. His problem is not really with throttling, his connection has a problem which only BT can fix, but they will only do this if requested by Sky. Right from the start there have been communications problems between Sky and BT. Other ISPs do not seem to suffer from this. If it were Plusnet, a quick phone call from them to BT would have it fixed in a matter of hours. Sky do not seem to have this rapport, but have to go through endless loops which can take days or even weeks.
      I think it genuinely is BT, not entirely sure what they're doing. Sky assure me that BT usually get back to them within 72 hours. I'll keep you all updated and try and impart any knowledge if it comes to me.

FWIW, although my speeds are this bad all the time, it gets worse (yes it can do) after 6pm).

Ta

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Being throttled? You bet your life we are. Having had almost 7mb download speeds all day we arrive at the above speed after 5pm.

Surely this is proof enough! Happens like clockwork every evening. It is not exchange contention or a problem with my set up it is 'THROTTLING'.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

paulo de muchi
      Hi Paul
      A similar thing happened to me. I took Sky Talk and when I was with Bt I had a line rate of 3500k as soon as I moved to Sky Talk line rate went to 1500k I no problems until then. No one seemed to listen and just tell me that is what I was going to get 1500k on a earlier post on this thread tells what happened. Sky reprofiled line and asked Bt to run line tests then asked whymy line was held at 1500k when it was not capped by Sky and showed I could get over twice the amount Bt reset the amount for my line A one off person who`s will remain nameless really good rang me back a few times to make sure the changes had taken affect told me to have a look at Bt site and do Telephone test sure enough 1500k then after Sky got Bt to reset the line. Tests 3500k. See if your line speed has changed Just a thought

Steve
      Last edited by steve16751; 02-02-09 at 08:38 PM.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

yunorisson
      Hi well I live North East I don`t think we will ever Know. Maybe a thread on which days are you being throttled and what area of uk anyway it`s an idea.
      Steve

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. My speed is acceptable this evening (Scottish Highlands) although not suitable for 'enjoyable' internet use. If I remember correctly you had 'reasonable' speeds around four days ago.

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Thanks

More proof.

It gets worse.

Absolutely nothing wrong with my PC set up, but absolutely diabolical speeds.

Disgraceful!

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Thanks

You know the solution to your problem