Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 23 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Adrian Those at the initial call tier 1 are only getting information so they can pass you on to CST ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Adrian
      Those at the initial call tier 1 are only getting information so they can pass you on to CST Who will run more test and note and record the problem what ever they do they will.I have rang numerous times after getting through to CST and have been told they can notdo anything more I asked well who can being told no one I said can I speak to him (Joke)I thanked the person who was trying to help and said I am here for the duration. Been with Sky TV since late 80s now have BB and Sky Talk I appreciate that you have done everything that you can and I thank you for it) then asked to speak to his boss waited for telephone call which came the following day great guy chatted about the problems he then got the line reprofiled and speeds went up has dropped since but not as bad as it was. The problem is being redressed but will not happen over night. But as I said it looks as if speeds are increasing but not as fast as everybody would like.

I've not called Sky...I know my line is in good condition so don't want any monkeys playing around with it since I can 100% guarantee call centre staff will not have been briefed on this (and if i'm wrong and they have, then they'll have been told to not utter a word about it).
      I have seen a lot of clever monkeys. In fact was that not what the human race were bred from it goes on about Ancestral Line
      Last edited by steve16751; 26-01-09 at 03:08 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

yunorisson
      Thanks for those kind word
      I see a cup half full rather than half empty I like the idea of Sky The BB and Sky Talk are new and to achieve what it has already is great I don`t think Sky thought it would grow that fast in so short of time. I think that is one of their issues. But do you turn new Business away, They would be fools if they did. So maybe that is the problem with Connect. I commend them for trying and if you think about it They would be mad not to try and resolve the issue.
      Because Sky is not the only ISP that have problems that is why Sky are getting many more Customers. Let hope not many more on connect

Steve

Steve

You are lovely guy without doubt, but Sky have done absolutely nothing to rectify throttling problem .

Nothing has been done and I doubt will be done in the very near future.
      We must keep up the pressure to change things asap.

Thanks for your efforts.

fugly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Broadband ISP: BT Option 3
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shiningstar View Post
      Im with virgin and thinking of getting sky as well as the broadband,i have never has a problem with virgin so im a little sceptic and advice???????
      Stay well away from the connect package, Sky have been throttling some customers since October 2008 but they now seem to be throttling all connect customers.
      If you can get LLU then you should be OK
      Last edited by fugly; 26-01-09 at 07:23 AM.

Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Am getting sick of sky and there BS Techincal people, "we need to run are 8th line test".. to prove my line is fine? out of badness i downloaded 8gig over the weekend, am paying for 40gig allowence, which i dont get to use during the week so stuff em! and there will be another call logged tonight

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Adrian
      Those at tier 3 are only getting information so they can pass you on to CST Who will run more test and note and record the problem what ever they do they will.I have rang numerous times after getting through to CST and have been told they can notdo anything more I asked well who can being told no one I said can I speak to him (Joke)I thanked the person who was trying to help and said I am here for the duration. Been with Sky TV since late 80s now have BB and Sky Talk I appreciate that you have done everything that you can and I thank you for it) then asked to speak to his boss waited for telephone call which came the following day great guy chatted about the problems he then got the line reprofiled and speeds went up has dropped since but not as bad as it was. The problem is being redressed but will not happen over night. But as I said it looks as if speeds are increasing but not as fast as everybody would like.

I have seen a lot of clever monkeys. In fact was that not what the human race were bred from it goes on about Ancestral Line
      tier 3 IS CST - tier 2/3 merged getting on 2 years ago to form CST...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz380 View Post
      Am getting sick of sky and there BS Techincal people, "we need to run are 8th line test".. to prove my line is fine? out of badness i downloaded 8gig over the weekend, am paying for 40gig allowence, which i dont get to use during the week so stuff em! and there will be another call logged tonight
      logging the call is a waste of your time - this isn't something that can be fixed by tech...Sky are going to have to buy more capacity from BT and, tbh, i don't think it's going to happen...or not for the next month or so...

i could be wrong though...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shiningstar View Post
      Im with virgin and thinking of getting sky as well as the broadband,i have never has a problem with virgin so im a little sceptic and advice???????
      Basically, if you are LLU'd go for Sky broadband, if you are not LLU'd and only use the internet during daytime (up to 5pm) then the SKY Connect package offers a pretty good service.

However, if you are a fairly heavy user after 5pm forget the Connect package it is diabolical, heavily throttled and other than for really basic stuff is a complete waste of time.

Hope this helps with your decision?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      logging the call is a waste of your time - this isn't something that can be fixed by tech...Sky are going to have to buy more capacity from BT and, tbh, i don't think it's going to happen...or not for the next month or so...

i could be wrong though...
      Yes i know, worth a try! now give me a free sky box!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      No news officially so far. But Sky are definitely aware of this thread, I will update as and when I get anything to report.

Anything?? *crys waiting*

Thanks

IAmNotTheEnemy
      Apologies have edited I meant initial call that is tier 1 am I right.

IAmNotTheEnemy tier 3 IS CST - tier 2/3 merged getting on 2 years ago to form CST

Steve