Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 177 of 189 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
    Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by steve16751 Faust Hi the thing is a company need aims and ambitions. There was no information or ...

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi the thing is a company need aims and ambitions. There was no information or even rumours about the latest Unbundling in June July and August. Sky could be still unbundling exchanges. Sky could be looking at finding a way to have more control over the connect package. To take away some of Bts Rough handling.
      I've no doubt that Sky would love total control over the network so all Sky BB customers were on Sky equipment. However, short of converting over five thousand exchanges which they are never going to do due to cost then it's never going to happen. The Click programme on the BBC were talking about Virgin this morning and their super-fast BB. They said that it will predominantly only be for their customers in London the South East and parts of Yorkshire (same old same old) as there is no universal commitment clause in their charter.

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Btcc22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Faust
      Sky could be looking at finding a way to have more control over the connect package. To take away some of Bts Rough handling.
      BT have nothing to do with how bad Sky Connect is. It's entirely Sky's choice not to sort it out.

As much as customer service reps love to blame BT, it's not their fault.

Thanks

Btcc22
      Hi Sky connect is monitored by Bts RAMBo as well as all other ISPs with Bt re-badged products. Yes Sky Traffic Manage the connect package and it is known to be throttled by Sky. But it is down to Bts monitoring that brings the throughput speeds down. I refer you to Steve's Sky Connect speedtest blog

Btcc22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Totally incorrect, again.

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Btcc22 it seems like your a BT fan. Simple fact of the matter is i'm sure sky would buy more bandwidth if BT didnt charge such rip off prices for it.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Reapercore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlewick Green
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonmpoulton View Post
      Btcc22 it seems like your a BT fan. Simple fact of the matter is i'm sure sky would buy more bandwidth if BT didnt charge such rip off prices for it.
      You mean 2-4 per Mb? It's not that much of a rip off as we were lead to believe. Also Sky Connect appears to be the only rebranded product that is throttled/shaped to such an unusable extent..

That being said, getting 50Mb VM installed next month... since informing Sky... my connection appears to be fine during peak times, alas it's too little, too late.

Thanks

Btcc22
      I talked to Sky about the Bt issue. Sky agreed about the traffic Managing was not working well and caused some throttling. But Sky had to contact Bt to stop capping of lines at one stage Bts RAMBo had dropped my throughput speed down to 245kbps and when I went to Bts and Sky did the same that was my connection speed only 1 week before Have a look at the link I referred you to on last post BT Wholesale : ADSL Availibility Checker Sky could not understand what Bt were playing at I was not the only one if you look through this Forum it happened to hundreds on SkyUser alone so through the Bt issues. I and many more Sky connect Customers receive Bt letters asking if we are having any issues with are Telephone and Broadband and that I can move back to Bt without any connection charges. This is fact not fiction. The help and Assistance I received from Sky. Bt were told not to cap my line again. Sky put me on connect premium that is why I had an Upstream 832kbps to track what Bt were doing.This is a big difference Connection Speed 4083 kbps When Sky acquired a connection Speed from Bt maximum was 2000kbps. I got Sky to enquire again this time 2500kbps When I got Sky to run a connection speed through my post code it was 3000kbps. I could go on all night about Bts Telephone lines and connection irregularities. I have studied and logged the results for over a year.

Thanks

Reapercore
      Hi it is like I said to Faust
      If Sky keep unbundling exchanges the connect package can only improve. Over June July and August across the U.K. I would say about 100 exchanges have been unbundled up to now That`s a lot of connect Customer. Sky have said they want to move all their Broadband Customers onto Sky`s own network. But how I do not know.
      I think you will find it is probably a bit more. Anyway I hope you enjoy VM 50MBs. Do not forget to read Vm Customers Forum you might find that interesting. VM Customers booted from LOTRO - oroblem has reocc... - Help & Support Forum and New VM customer, DSL blinking, no internet access - Help & Support Forum It does not matter where you go you are guaranteed someone is having problems.

Reapercore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlewick Green
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Reapercore
      Hi it is like I said to Faust
      I think you will find it is probably a bit more. Anyway I hope you enjoy VM 50MBs. Do not forget to read Vm Customers Forum you might find that interesting. VM Customers booted from LOTRO - oroblem has reocc... - Help & Support Forum and New VM customer, DSL blinking, no internet access - Help & Support Forum It does not matter where you go you are guaranteed someone is having problems.
      Yeah, my exchange isn't getting unbundled for love nor money, it's Market 1 and has a small amount of users on it thus it's not feasible to be unbundled. Even if they did I still wouldn't stay with Sky.

And I've been on VM before and not had any issues.

tl;dr - sky are sh*t, every other ISP is better