Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 176 of 189 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
    Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Tried that - all i got was a yelling at =/ Our max speed in our area is about 3.5MBps ...

Jerrod Kane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thurlow
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Tried that - all i got was a yelling at =/

Our max speed in our area is about 3.5MBps anyway, and they are convinced that every ISP in the area (we can get either BT [vomit], IDNet or PlusNet as alternatives as we are stuck on ASDL Max) does the 5-12 throttling.

Its hard being the only techie in the house that understands what is going on.

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Jerrod Kane
      Hi have a look at (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users This carries on from the thread you are posting on. With a 4992Kbps Downstream you should be getting a bit over 4MBs. If you look for a good deal Let your parents see the deal. There are plenty around Here`s PlusNet Latest PlusNet Broadband Review, Deals and Information ? - Broadband Finder The threads below Compare UK Broadband Providers every ISP available after post code The Telephone Number is optional and then the top ten Broadband Providers Comparison for UK ADSL, Cable and Satellite and Top10.com Compare Broadband Packages - Broadband Package Comparison
      I hope that helps

Reapercore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlewick Green
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrod Kane View Post
      Tried that - all i got was a yelling at =/

Our max speed in our area is about 3.5MBps anyway, and they are convinced that every ISP in the area (we can get either BT [vomit], IDNet or PlusNet as alternatives as we are stuck on ASDL Max) does the 5-12 throttling.

Its hard being the only techie in the house that understands what is going on.
      Same boat as you, although showed my dad a load of wireshark captures so that convinced him to look at switching to VM as they'll be doing 100Mb starting from next year.

Thanks

Reapercore
      Hi you should also keep checking at SamKnows - Telephone Exchange Search for any upgrades I have seen upgrades that only had 2500 Domestic Premises. Even contact Sky to ask if there is any upgrades due at your exchange.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I see you finally got unbundled then Steve - alright for some. I have been talking to a BT Openreach guy who lives on our estate and asked him when or if we are likely to get ADSL2+. He laughed a bitter sort of laugh and said I would be lucky to see it in my lifetime on our exchange. He said BT are now concentrating on FTTC and all work on converting exchanges to ADSL2+ is now moving at a glacial pace. He is just as sick as I am as he has to put up with the same crap service.

We don't appear on any lists for upgrades whatsoever and when he asked his supervisor about this he was told he had more chance of winning the lottery.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi how you keeping. Have you seen Latest Sky Unbundled Exchanges on SamKnows there are exchanges on there that are small exchanges. so you never know.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi how you keeping. Have you seen Latest Sky Unbundled Exchanges on SamKnows there are exchanges on there that are small exchanges. so you never know.
      I'm OK Steve, still plodding on. No Steve one has to be realistic, no one is going to unbundle an exchange with less than a thousand connections, it's never going to happen. Think about it for a second, Sky or anyone else could only hope to get a percentage of 800 connections so do the maths, it would be the economics of the mad house. This is why BT aren't interested as the exchange is already fragmented among multiple ISPs albeit they are simply selling a re-badged ADSL Max product. Although we are in a city we have less on our exchange than many rural villages.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi Pleased you are still plodding on. I see what you mean. If Sky keep unbundling exchanges the connect package can only improve. Over June July and August across the U.K. I would say about 100 exchanges have been unbundled up to now That`s a lot of connect Customer. Sky have said they want to move all their Broadband Customers onto Sky`s own network. But how I do not know.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi Pleased you are still plodding on. I see what you mean. If Sky keep unbundling exchanges the connect package can only improve. Over June July and August across the U.K. I would say about 100 exchanges have been unbundled up to now That`s a lot of connect Customer. Sky have said they want to move all their Broadband Customers onto Sky`s own network. But how I do not know.
      I see what you are saying and how you think that's logical but it doesn't necessarily follow. The more Connect customers Sky move over to their own network then the less bandwidth they need to buy from BT. Therefore I could easily end up with exactly the same share of a diminishing cake.

I haven't seen any statement from Sky saying they want to move all their customers over to their own network. Even if they have it could simply be an "aims and ambitions" statement.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi the thing is a company need aims and ambitions. There was no information or even rumours about the latest Unbundling in June July and August. Sky could be still unbundling exchanges. Sky could be looking at finding a way to have more control over the connect package. To take away some of Bts Rough handling.