Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 168 of 189 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
    Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Lets hope there is some good news end of summer. But the thing is I have not heard anything. If ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Lets hope there is some good news end of summer. But the thing is I have not heard anything. If it happens then good news

2. Advertisement
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Lets hope there is some good news end of summer. But the thing is I have not heard anything. If it happens then good news
      Ever the optimist Steve - whatever happened to the "jam tomorrow" promise of things getting better in March? Now you are hoping for end of summer? Tomorrow never comes Steve and I very much doubt that Connect will ever improve.

P.S. I hope I haven't said anything libelous in this post as ever time I post something that criticises Sky it gets removed. Personally I would love my day in court. I think Mr M must be one of the mods.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      Ever the optimist Steve - whatever happened to the "jam tomorrow" promise of things getting better in March? Now you are hoping for end of summer? Tomorrow never comes Steve and I very much doubt that Connect will ever improve.

P.S. I hope I haven't said anything libelous in this post as ever time I post something that criticises Sky it gets removed. Personally I would love my day in court. I think Mr M must be one of the mods.
      Faust, it has been made clear that we happily allow negative comments about sky, but making unfounded comments about the company that could be seen as laiblous are not acceptable. This is OUR T&Cs. I have spoke with the owner of SkyUser who is happy for negative comments re Sky, but not unfounded liablous comments. I will not accept this any longer and nor will the owners of this forum. Remain constructive with your posts and you can be as negative about Sky as you or any member wants but post unfounded comments that could be seen as liableous are not on.

It will not be your day in court but the owners of SkyUser. If you wish to proceed as you are then you take the risk and create your own forum at your cost and enjoy the solicitors letters.

This is my final word. I do not want a reply to this.

This message applies to all members in relation to any comments about company or person.

Thanks

Faust
      Hi I don`t think M has anything to do with Sky U.K. any more. I left you a message on Is Sky Connect now the worst BB product in the UK ? I know that the connect package is hard work that`s why I believe the sun shines over the horizon. What`s there I don`t know but it has to be better than the connect package

redeamer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

This has to be the winner (or is that the loser!!!)

* Broadband package: Sky Connect
      * Normal Speed: 7mb
      * Current throttled speed: 6Kbps
      * Average usage per day: average, Gaming/Browising
      * What does this throttling affect? EVERYTHING!!! Dialup would be better!

I've had my fill with Sky, they can stick their package where the sun don't shine. On the look out for another ISP!!!!

MXz
      MXz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Not sure if its been mentioned already but in the past week or so Sky have issued a memo saying that they had identified an issue under the 'Traffic management' policy - whereby people are slowed down when using specific applications - where certain data and traffic from customers was being incorrectly identified as low priority traffic (P2P etc) and being unnecessarily throttled back. The issue is apparently now resolved

But Connect/OFFNet customers are still reporting speed issues left, right and centre so I suspect its still not been resolved fully...

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

The issue is that they don't want to either put their hand in their pocket to pay BT for enough capacity for their customers or manage their customers properly. Either one would do a lot to ease the problems.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The issue is apparently now resolved
      That will be good news for many if it is true. In also points to how inept they are when it has taken so long to identify a problem. They must have had hundreds if not thousands of complaints about over the past months. No doubt Steve will let us know if it is fixed or not.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

MXz
      Hi the problem with that statement from Sky. It is incorrect as I only use the sky home page to browse which is sometimes very slow to upload and freezes. The only other site is Sky user which I use all the time. The thing is I am lucky Sky adjusted my upload. Bt and Sky do not work together as from 5pm till Midnight Bt turn on RAMBo for Sky connect so that with the Traffic Management Throttling their connect Customers Bts RAMBo adjusts the IP Profile as it see issues with the connection This is happening to all of Bts re-badged products. With Sky it means the lower the Profile the more bandwidth for others. Which does not work. When you have used the Bt speed tester and get 1kbps. The problem is. Not enough Bandwidth it stands to reason if Sky keeps selling the connect package and there was not enough bandwidth last year and Sky are still selling the connect package. Without more Bandwidth or as I see Sky are unbundling exchanges. That might help.

MXz
      MXz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I understand what you mean Steve, as far as I'm concerned your right - the issue won't be resolved until they increase the amount of bandwidth available - just seems to be Sky's attempt to reassure customers otherwise perhaps, and anyone defending the Connect package is basically putting lipstick on a pig.