Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 167 of 189 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
    Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Smithy99 What I don't understand is why people put up with it, they have been suffering this ...

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      What I don't understand is why people put up with it, they have been suffering this problem for a long time now and it is obvious now that they intend to do nothing to sort it.

Vote with your feet, it is an easy step to get your MAC and move on to pastures new.
      5 per month instead of 17 for the next 10 years could have something to do with it. Well it does in my case plus the fact that I'm not convinced any other ISP is better. Whichever ISP I move to it will still be a re-badged BT ADSL Max product as we are a Market 1 exchange.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Whichever ISP I move to it will still be a re-badged BT ADSL Max product as we are a Market 1 exchange.
      To paraphrase 1984, some suppliers are more equal than others. ie, other rebadged sellers do not throttle to the extent that Sky do. If you are only paying a fiver and can put up with severe throttling, that's up to you, but those who are paying the full whack should be on their way. Plusnet are giving 3 months free with 25 activation, which is also free if you sign up to their phone plan.
      Last edited by Isitme; 28-07-10 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling correction

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

For 5 per month you are getting your moneys worth, you know what they say, pay peanuts....

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

For 5 per month you are getting your moneys worth, you know what they say, pay peanuts....
      Well not really because the service would be just the same if I was paying the full 17. I'm not be singled out because I'm on a discount. At the end of the day Sky Connect is Sky's most expensive BB package and it is also their worst.

Now what were you saying about peanuts?

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      To paraphrase 1984, some suppliers are more equal than others. ie, other rebadged sellers do not throttle to the extent that Sky do. If you are only paying a fiver and can put up with severe throttling, that's up to you, but those who are paying the full whack should be on their way. Plusnet are giving 3 months free with 25 activation, which is also free if you sign up to their phone plan.
      If I went the Plusnet route then I would pay monthly and see how the service fares. I'm not being tied into anymore contracts that then fail to live up to the hype.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      Well not really because the service would be just the same if I was paying the full 17. I'm not be singled out because I'm on a discount. At the end of the day Sky Connect is Sky's most expensive BB package and it is also their worst.

Now what were you saying about peanuts?
      Ah, but you are comparing it to LLU and it is not.

Compare it to any BT rebadged product, with 40gb download limit then 17 is actually a loss making prodict for Sky as they pay mor than this for the provision and data traffic. They certainly couldn't offer everyone their 40gb per month with no contention for that price.

Zen have a more realistic pricing structure for this.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Ah, but you are comparing it to LLU and it is not.

Compare it to any BT rebadged product, with 40gb download limit then 17 is actually a loss making prodict for Sky as they pay mor than this for the provision and data traffic. They certainly couldn't offer everyone their 40gb per month with no contention for that price.

Zen have a more realistic pricing structure for this.
      Fine, I hear what you are saying but if this is the case then why can't Sky simply be honest with it's customers and give them the full facts and let the customer make the decision.

Thanks

As far as they are concerned they are, it sort of in their T&C's

What they need to do is get the network management sorted and stop people downloading the internet, lower the monthly allowance to 20gb and make people stick to it.

They won't because that will give bad publicity and they will loose customers (which would be a good thing).

If they don't want to do this then they should bite the bullet and put their hands in their pocket and get some more capacity.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

As far as they are concerned they are, it sort of in their T&C's

What they need to do is get the network management sorted and stop people downloading the internet, lower the monthly allowance to 20gb and make people stick to it.

They won't because that will give bad publicity and they will loose customers (which would be a good thing).

If they don't want to do this then they should bite the bullet and put their hands in their pocket and get some more capacity.
      Removed They state they will slow down heavy users so that the rest of us ordinary folk i.e. light users can stream from things like Sky Player. If my usage was any lighter I would float and yet things like Sky Player remain just a dream, blimey even loading web pages can be problematic in the evenings.
      Last edited by reddwarfcrew; 30-07-10 at 11:26 PM. Reason: liablous comment removed

Thanks

I am certainly not defending them, they will use the T&C's to try and fudge the issue but in reality they know they wouldn't have a leg to stand on which is why they will let people leave mid term.