Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 159 of 189 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
    Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi great thread, seems we all in the same boat.,., but i am struggling to find any info , , ...

angrycustomer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

hi great thread, seems we all in the same boat.,., but i am struggling to find any info , , if people have experineced better gaming experiences after leaving connect,.,.

cheers for any replys,
      Is there any way i can claim some money back from these robbing thiefs?

2. Advertisement
      Seraphİ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Castleham
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Same issues here,
      been connected to sky connect for 10 days today, the problems started a couple of days ago,

tried ringing sky this evening from my mobile to resolve the issue, they ate all my credit listening to those wretched machines waffling on about how great everything is,
      just finished downloading 150Mb of wallpapers, after 3 hours,
      peak speed? about 83Kbp\s
      both plugged in via Cat5 cable, and wireless

on a sidenote,
      since i am a new customer, is there a 30 day cancellation period, if this problem cant be resolved, will sky allow me to null the agreement and move to yet another ISP?

*edit*
      hmmmmmmm
      ok my mother has just turned her Nintendo Wii off and suddenly everything is back up to full speed again :S
      My brother said something about wireless network noise and such but i didnt know what he meant,
      hmmmm..........
      Last edited by Seraphİ; 16-11-09 at 12:37 AM. Reason: update

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

ok my mother has just turned her Nintendo Wii off and suddenly everything is back up to full speed again :S
      My brother said something about wireless network noise and such but i didnt know what he meant,
      Nothing to do with wireless, just that you have passed out of the peak period and the throttling has been lifted. It will slow down again around 5 pm today.

Do speed tests at the Official BT speedtester during the peak period to back you up if you are going to leave. You must also make some attempt to get it improved by calling Sky Support so that there is a record of your complaints.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

i did speedtests last night and heres the results,
      is it possible to prove that sky are throttling my bandwidth, i ran the glasnost test for throttling isps but it didnt offer anything conclusive

in response to contacting them
      im currently waiting for them to connect my home phone line, i took broadband and phone out at the same time, the BB has been connected for 10 days but the phone is taking forever
      i rang them last night from my mobile but those wretched machines ate my credit before i got a human being :/

just ran this speedcheck

angrycustomer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

LOL @ sky customer service, i rang them on saturady, after chatting to 5 people about the same thing , i finaly got put through to a higher tier,, they said 10 mins on hold, 1hr and half later i hung up , rang themn back, they said sry sry etc, it shouldnt be that long,, they promised they wouuld ring me back on sunday, like hell did they. i have a tickket number etc.,., they just dont seem to care, now i am having troulbe getting my mac.,, i have seen some people on here mention kana? form ,., excuse my ignorance, but what is that., and how do i get it.,

i have sent over 15 emails to them , but always get the stupid same repliys, saying to do the same things there tier 1 support says.

i brought CODmw2 , and am unable to play it, after 4pm.,

so i basicly want an isp i can ply games on , thats all not asking for much , esp when i could play games better on my old 56k, than this lame piece of crap.

and why is it sucjh trouble, to make complaints throyh ofcom.,,. seems like the ISps. have paid them off to make it difficult,

i will now be recording my phone convo with sky, to make a folder of how crap they are.as i have been told so many lies,it surely must be agiants the law.
      Last edited by angrycustomer; 16-11-09 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Nothing to do with wireless, just that you have passed out of the peak period and the throttling has been lifted. It will slow down again around 5 pm today.

Do speed tests at the Official BT speedtester during the peak period to back you up if you are going to leave. You must also make some attempt to get it improved by calling Sky Support so that there is a record of your complaints.
      ok, agreed, my mums just turned her Wii on and im getting average speeds for downloads and the pages are still loading tootsweet,

if sky are throttling my bandwidth why is it so excessive,
      My old ISP never done this
      if the speed ever slowed down it was more a sign that the router needed resetting, not being throttled :S

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angrycustomer View Post
      LOL @ sky customer service, i rang them on saturady, after chatting to 5 people about the same thing , i finaly got put through to a higher tier,, they said 10 mins on hold, 1hr and half later i hung up , rang themn back, they said sry sry etc, it shouldnt be that long,, they promised they wouuld ring me back on sunday, like hell did they. i have a tickket number etc.,., they just dont seem to care, now i am having troulbe getting my mac.,, i have seen some people on here mention kana? form ,., excuse my ignorance, but what is that., and how do i get it.,

i have sent over 15 emails to them , but always get the stupid same repliys, saying to do the same things there tier 1 support says.

i brought CODmw2 , and am unable to play it, after 4pm.,

so i basicly want an isp i can ply games on , thats all not asking for much , esp when i could play games better on my old 56k, than this lame piece of crap.

and why is it sucjh trouble, to make complaints throyh ofcom.,,. seems like the ISps. have paid them off to make it difficult,

i will now be recording my phone convo with sky, to make a folder of how crap they are.as i have been told so many lies,it surely must be agiants the law.
      you will need the permission of the agent you speak to before recording, and Ofcom will only investigate after Sky have been given sufficient time to fix the fault themselves - although they can't...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphİ View Post
      ok, agreed, my mums just turned her Wii on and im getting average speeds for downloads and the pages are still loading tootsweet,

if sky are throttling my bandwidth why is it so excessive,
      My old ISP never done this
      if the speed ever slowed down it was more a sign that the router needed resetting, not being throttled :S
      that shows the Wii is killing the connection - is it wireless?

also, are you on Connect? looks like you're on LLU...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      that shows the Wii is killing the connection - is it wireless?

also, are you on Connect? looks like you're on LLU...
      yeah the Wii connects wirelessly, and yes we're on connect,
      it's the only package we can get in our area

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

i have seen some people on here mention kana? form ,., excuse my ignorance, but what is that., and how do i get it.,
      https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/sk...contactus/kana

It is unfortunate, but a fact, that all ISPs using BTs ADSLMax, throttle or shape the bandwidth to some extent. The more they (and you) pay the lower the amount of throttling. ZEN broadband are one of the highest rated in the UK, but as you can see, are not cheap. The equivalent to Connect costing double the Sky charge.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.