Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 148 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
    Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; CraigA79 Hi Craig I hope all goes well with TalkTalk Feel I may be jumping from the fire to the ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

CraigA79
      Hi Craig I hope all goes well with TalkTalk
      Feel I may be jumping from the fire to the frying pan however at least its cheaper! 30 days trial period as well so I will be testing every aspect. Time will tell as it goes live in about 2 weeks time.
      We all know fire burns, At least with a frying pan you have 30 days. Don`t forget to keep in touch with Skyuser let us know how things are going

2. Advertisement
      MrChukkel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01782
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sorry to say folks but I'm back here again...

I've had 2 months of fast internet access (no complaints) but tonight I'm back to the Horrendous capping again...

I will be on the phone first thing in the morning as its fecking ridiculous!!!

Who ever thought the sky connect package was a good idea should be sacked!! get some money and start using you own equipment!!!

You wouldn't beleive how frustrating it is being capped like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrChukkel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01782
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

PS this is not just streaming sites now, this is all sites!!
      The Sky User Broadband Tester
      took 3 minutes to complete!!

Thanks

MrChukkel
      Hi Sky only listen to Bt speed tests. Sky have in their T & Cs stated that The Connect Package is being Traffic Shaped from 4pm till Midnight when you do any tests it is alway a good idea to copy and paste to the post you are leaving a message on if you need information on the Bt test click on the link

mikeycollins is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02844
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I have written to sky today to end my contract. I have been on connect since April. At the start I was very impressed with the speed but in the last month it has been appalling. I tested each day last week, at various times, using the BT speed test and found an average peak time speed of 661kbs. My line is configured at 8128 downstream and 448 upstream. At the moment I am downloading Open Office at 19.7 kbs. What are O2, Newnet, or Aquiss like?

craney13 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Braintree
      Router:
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

its a joke aint it mate im only on a 3mb line but during peak hours im down to 512 might as well go dial up!!! i only been active with connect from the 3rd of this month is there a chance i can get out the contract as its only really just started?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

its a joke aint it mate im only on a 3mb line but during peak hours im down to 512 might as well go dial up!!!
      Remember that 521kbps is still 10 times faster than dial-up. When it was first available we used to think is was super-fast.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Murdochi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Inverness Macdhui
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Did a BT Speed Test today at about 6pm and it was lovely. 6mbps, so I'm happy with that. Get to after 7pm, nip onto WoW and suddenly my latency's now measured in seconds. I jump onto Speedtest.net and it tells me I'm pulling 400kbps. I try thinkbroadband's speedtest and give up after 5 minutes of watching it struggle to pull down 500kb of test data. I can't do a test on BT's Speed Test because it's not 3 hours after my last one, so I phone up Sky and shoot the **** for a bit with the "higher level" of support. He says it's all reshaping and stuff, which sounds crazy to me. I could understand if the line belonged to the Pirate Bay but it's my folks and they're both retired; Piracy to them means Somalians with rafts and RPGs! Plus this "shaping" is also affecting browsing, streaming on Youtube, gaming, even MSN conversations are insufferably unstable.

The tech tells me to try a test after about 9:30 or so, and I cockily think it'll cough up the same old ****e speed (400kbps.) It gets to about 9:20 and the whole Internet speeds up like a bat out of hell! I do the test and it's pulling about 4mbps now - less than normal but still perfectly acceptable. WoW is fine too... for a good 10-20 minutes. And then it starts acting up again. Both Speedtests are convinced I'm connecting via a tin-can and string, in WoW if I want to play I'm forced to start casting healing spells before I even get into combat (paradoxically) and YouTube should simply be called "Slideshow" as it appears on my side.

Are Sky giving me the runaround here? I can understand the infrastructure being busy at peak times, much like a nice restaurant would be busy, but you'd still get a seat, a table and a meal at the end of the day. The current service is equivalent to going into Greggs at dinner time and finding out they've baked a single Sausage Roll, but they'll sell you 1% of it for the same price as normal.

edit - jesus! No sooner do I finish typing this post and thinkbroadband's speedtest goes back up to 4mbps! What the hell is going on?

Thanks

Murdochi
      Hi Sky`s T & Cs The connect package is being Traffic Shaped from 4pm till Midnight it has been for sometime now
      He says it's all reshaping and stuff,
      Thats right Traffic Managed (Sky`s of shore help is in Malaysia Someone correct me if I am wrong)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

(Sky`s of shore help is in Malaysia Someone correct me if I am wrong)
      Philippines I think.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.