Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 146 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
    Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; wolf26 Hi thats is what I try to get connect Customers to do before they ring Sky if you already ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

wolf26
      Hi thats is what I try to get connect Customers to do before they ring Sky if you already have the Bt tests Sky then will have to do something then. The test information is on first page of this link

2. Advertisement
      SuperMoto is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Driffield
      Broadband ISP: Sky donkey speed
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      wolf26
      Hi thats is what I try to get connect Customers to do before they ring Sky if you already have the Bt tests Sky then will have to do something then. The test information is on first page of this link
      I disagree, I have complained over the last 7 months to Sky and carried out multiple speed tests. To date they have done nothing other than blame BT, my phone line etc. They have done nothing with the data provided.

I have done everything their tech department have asked with no change to the poor connections. Using master socket, etc etc.

I cannot watch videos, youtube/iplayer on the internet between Midday and 1 am. As for gaming I've about given up, ping starts now at 110 rises to 200 within 30 minutes then i normally disconnect automatically from the server.
      I have never been a big downloader and rarely even attain 4 gig a month, these are only done overnight, yet I am heavily traffic managed to a speed comparable to 56k for a price of braodband.
      I would be happy to get 1-2 meg speed at present and cannot wait for my 31 day notice to end. I have no doubt SKY will be awkward and slow over providing MAC codes.
      Their customer services did not even sound surprised when i told then why i was leaving.

Thanks

SuperMoto
      Hi what do you disagree with I did not say Sky would help only that if you have the Bt tests Sky cannot tell you to do the tests for a further 3days and when you tell them you have the tests on Skyuser site, if they want to have a look at them. Here`s something you might that should interest you a whole new dirty tactic

Thanks

I disagree with doing the speed tests, its another stalling tactic. I provided them with 3 months worth of various tests. Some of which are on this thread, they know exactly what your speeds are.

I gave up with SKY and BT, SKY blamed BT but its SKY who are setting the throttling/traffic management and refuse to help.

I am still waiting for their engineer to come out, Yes that was promised in March along with some tier 2/3 contact.

Thanks

SuperMoto
      But they will always ask you to do them and if you say you have you are one step ahead of them they cannot use it as a stalling tactic then. You can try and ring Customer Relations on 02077053000 ask the receptionist for Customer Relations tell them the problems you are having they will do something about it

I disagree with doing the speed tests, its another stalling tactic

Thanks

I have previously spoken with customer relations they said it was not their area and it would have to be dealt with by the Broadband team. After six months of trying to get anything done I can say with great expertise that the whole phone system of sky is designed in order to create maximum degredation of any complaint. Everything is logged and written off without any consultation with the customer. As I have said before they are more than happy to take my money, but when it comes to providing a service they just cannot provide.

I am glad my notice period is passing by, 37kb/sec (7 hours for a 950mb file)download speeds tonight, may as well be on dial up.
      Last edited by SuperMoto; 20-07-09 at 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling

lansalot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01463
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Wow, think most of you are getting it easy on the throttling front !

Same every night of the week: in the evening, youtube, iplayer, itunes podcasts, anything that isn't a straight http web page is unusable. Am an xbox gold subscriber - haven't turned it on in months.

Testing tonight (and this could be any night) showed:
      23:14 - 231 kbps
      23:18 - 418 kbps
      23:21 - 2732 kbps
      23:25 - 6692 kbps

The 231kbps is the best I got up until 23.18....

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2334/broadband.gif

A

Thanks

lansalot
      Hi sorry but the connect package is no good for online gaming I don`t know if you have had a look at below
      SKY BROADBAND CONNECT TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT POLICY

In addition to the monthly Usage Cap, this Traffic Management Policy applies to you if you take Sky Broadband Connect.
      Excessive use during peak time

We will monitor your Sky Broadband usage during peak times from 5pm to 12am each day. This is when the majority of customers use the network and when speeds could be affected by the excessive usage of a minority. If we consider that your usage is excessive during peak times we may slow down your connection for the rest of the day so that it has less affect on others. Only a very small number of customers will be affected by this (less than 2%). If you are affected, we will only slow down the speed you can get during peak times for applications which use a lot of bandwidth (for example, streaming, peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative effect on other customers. You will still be able to use Sky Broadband to do other things normally such as browsing, email, instant messaging and VOIP. There are no restrictions in place outside of peak times.

Traffic management of our Network

To ensure we provide a sustainable quality broadband service to our customers, we continuously monitor and efficiently manage the Sky Network as a whole. To do this, during peak times (from 5pm to 12am each day), we may slow down the speed that all Sky Broadband Connect customers can get on certain applications which we consider use up a lot of bandwidth (for example peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative affect on other customers There are no restrictions in place for applications such as browsing, email, streaming, instant messaging and VOIP during peak times. We do not put restrictions on our network outside of peak times.

lansalot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01463
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks Steve, I'm only renting - will need to check with the landlord/Rigsby and see what he says. What are my options, do Sky actually have a proper, usable Broadband service I can persuade him to move to - or is it time to pack-up shop and try and offer him a sweet deal to move ?

Cheers

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Sky's own LLU equipment is very good but if you are on Connect then it is not available in your exchange which is why you are on the BT rebadged Connect package.

Only option is to move to another supplier, have a look at the exchange checker and see if there are any other LLU providers on yours, O2 or Be are very good.