Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 136 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
    Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thats the problem tho, if your just surfin the web its bearable.. if your sitting on MSN, facebook or what ...

Gazz380 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitehead (NIWD)
      Broadband ISP: ADSL24
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Thats the problem tho, if your just surfin the web its bearable.. if your sitting on MSN, facebook or what crap you use.. the problem is when you actually want to do anything stressful to the network, even downloading a song from iTunes became a pain, gaming.. gone, BBC iPlayer.. Useless, Hell even streaming radio was crap! it would be interesting to see the levels of People migrating away from sky before and during the 6 months of traffic management.. but i suppose to sky it doesnt matter for ever 10 people who leave 20 join.. so if you watched Battlestar Galactica "All this has happened before, and will happen again"

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

for me...

iTunes, iPlayer, Sky Player, YouTube - all work without a glitch...might take minute longer to download a track but streaming has never had an issue...

I can count the days I've had to stop watching a YouTube video due to it not buffering on one hand...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Dumps BT If this goes ahead it will be good for connect Customers. It has me Smiling the only thing is now how long will it take

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

it's nothing to do with Connect - it's just now that Sky - with their LLU - can offer both BB and phone service direct without having to go to BT should anything go wrong...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

steadyeddie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: embread
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      it's nothing to do with Connect - it's just now that Sky - with their LLU - can offer both BB and phone service direct without having to go to BT should anything go wrong...
      Couldnt agree more.
      For customers like me who dont have LLU enabled at their exchange, it's just a big damp squib.

Thanks

It has to affect the telephone service so does it mean if you have Sky talk and line that will go through the Sky system and then would any connect Customers be able to have LLU after all it will be coming from Sky not Bt or am I wrong.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I'm afraid you are wrong, the only way they can take over the telephone is if they have LLUd the exchange, which they have not done on exchanges with Connect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Hi Tom so they will still have to go through Bt for connect Customers and also Bt to add LLU to Bt exchanges so no difference. Unless Bt exchanges have Sky LLU already fitted. What I do not understand Sky have said that they deal with their LLU Customers but have to go through Bt for connect Customers.
      Sky has finally become bored of sitting on BT's network and decided to unbundle its broadband and phone offerings. The move will not be in partnership with any other unbundled ISPs and Sky will use its own equipment exclusively."We have built a new state-of-the art network which uses Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) to give us end-to-end control of your broadband and phone service, instead of 'renting' the connection from another provider," said Sky in a statement to customers this week. "We're using the latest technology to offer you a great experience and to offer you new features in the future

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

What I do not understand Sky have said that they deal with their LLU Customers but have to go through Bt for connect Customers.
      It is simple really, in exchanges they have unbundled, ie, LLUd, they have their own equipment in the exchange and only rent floor space from BT. With Connect, BT own the equipment and Sky only rent it from them.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Hi Tom how will they move connect Customers to LLU if moving all their LLU to their new system away from Bt
      It is simple really, in exchanges they have unbundled, ie, LLUd, they have their own equipment in the exchange and only rent floor space from BT. With Connect, BT own the equipment and Sky only rent it from them.
      I understand that but if Sky are moving away from Bt what happen to the connect Customer