Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 124 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
    Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Smithy99 Yes you are right. The total amount as IANTE say`s 116gbs now that is alot so Sky have to ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Smithy99
      Yes you are right. The total amount as IANTE say`s 116gbs now that is alot so Sky have to do something about it instead of taking it out on the rest of the connect Customers

2. Advertisement
      yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      I wasn't making a point

I was wondering what you considered a lot to be. Are we talking a few gigs or what one person was found out by Sky doing over 100Gb.
      My point was that it simply does not matter what you download, 1000 Gb or 1Gb, Sky Connect still throttle/restrict between 5pm 'ish and midnight 'ish.

Everyone is affected by this poor, sub standard, diabolical service.

Do you agree with this?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yunorisson View Post
      My point was that it simply does not matter what you download, 1000 Gb or 1Gb, Sky Connect still throttle/restrict between 5pm 'ish and midnight 'ish.

Everyone is affected by this poor, sub standard, diabolical service.

Do you agree with this?
      Yes I agree, I also agree that due to the cost implications for Sky to buy capacity for the connect package that it is important that people do not abuse the service.

This package has to make a return or at least break even, if someone is downloading 100gb of data per month they are costing Sky somewhere in the region of £80-100 less the price they pay (£17) so it does matter how much you download, it effects everyone because Sky will not subsidise it for you.

I don't think you will find any ISP out there offering the same package that Sky Connect does without some sort of traffic shaping during peak hours.

The biggest problem Sky have is that they are not managing the package effectively, people are able to abuse it at the detriment of others, I don't think this is fair and it is Skys doing, they should put a stop to it.

I do notice that you haven't answered my question though, how much do you consider a lot?

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Thanks

Yes I agree, I also agree that due to the cost implications for Sky to buy capacity for the connect package that it is important that people do not abuse the service.

This package has to make a return or at least break even, if someone is downloading 100gb of data per month they are costing Sky somewhere in the region of £80-100 less the price they pay (£17) so it does matter how much you download, it effects everyone because Sky will not subsidise it for you.

I don't think you will find any ISP out there offering the same package that Sky Connect does without some sort of traffic shaping during peak hours.

The biggest problem Sky have is that they are not managing the package effectively, people are able to abuse it at the detriment of others, I don't think this is fair and it is Skys doing, they should put a stop to it.

I do notice that you haven't answered my question though, how much do you consider a lot?
      To answer your question. I don't think it is my place to say what is a 'lot' or not' All I am saying is that we are all being screwed speed wise after 5pm.

It is up to Sky Connect to work this out to keep their customers happy whether they download 100Gb or 1Gb. Clearly they have got this wrong as the majority of customers are unhappy with the current situation.

Sky Connect is providing a sub standard service after 5pm....bottom line!

Ask Sky what they consider a 'lot'!: Not me! wink:

Thanks

Sky will never keep someone who is downloading 100gb happy, they shouldn't be doing it and it is them who are ruining it for the masses. Sky should kick them off.

I am not sure why you don't want to say what you consider a lot, it's not like Sky are doing anything about it anyway.

If you are over your 40gb limit then you are the problem (along with others) and to complain that your speed is restricted is a bit of a cheek. It should be!!!

Yes Sky should manage their network and limit the heavy downloaders or even kick them off but that does not negate the responsibility of the user.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sky will never keep someone who is downloading 100gb happy, they shouldn't be doing it and it is them who are ruining it for the masses. Sky should kick them off.

I am not sure why you don't want to say what you consider a lot, it's not like Sky are doing anything about it anyway.

If you are over your 40gb limit then you are the problem (along with others) and to complain that your speed is restricted is a bit of a cheek. It should be!!!

Yes Sky should manage their network and limit the heavy downloaders or even kick them off but that does not negate the responsibility of the user.
      Absolutely! Let's agree to disagree!

Thanks

How can you disagree to the terms and conditions you signed up for, anything over 40gb is in breach of these terms, at least have the b@lls to admit it.

Lets put it in simpler terms.

You have a pie that has 100 pieces and 100 people, men women and children who are hungry, simple, they all get a piece.

Well if the first guy in line takes 10 pieces the rest of the bunch have to share 90 pieces between 99 people, all getting a slightly smaller piece, not the end of the world as the children won't eat as much as the women or the men.

Now the second person sees the first person take 10 pieces and thinks, I want the same, soon only the greedy bas£$%^$ get fed and the other women and children end up with crumbs.

Take you share not the pis$

Exchange:
      Thanks

How can you disagree to the terms and conditions you signed up for, anything over 40gb is in breach of these terms, at least have the b@lls to admit it.

Lets put it in simpler terms.

You have a pie that has 100 pieces and 100 people, men women and children who are hungry, simple, they all get a piece.

Well if the first guy in line takes 10 pieces the rest of the bunch have to share 90 pieces between 99 people, all getting a slightly smaller piece, not the end of the world as the children won't eat as much as the women or the men.

Now the second person sees the first person take 10 pieces and thinks, I want the same, soon only the greedy bas£$%^$ get fed and the other women and children end up with crumbs.

Take you share not the pis$
      Smithy

Do calm down, I am agreeing with you, can't you see that. We are on the same side. Repeat, I am agreeing with you and we are on the same side!

Please try and understand this, forget it, enjoy your day!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yunorisson View Post
      Smithy

Do calm down, I am agreeing with you, can't you see that. We are on the same side. Repeat, I am agreeing with you and we are on the same side!

Please try and understand this, forget it, enjoy your day!
      Sorry yunorisson,

This was not directed at you, it was more a view that people who take more than their share are doing it at the detriment to others.

What I do find strange though, the people on here who seem to shout about the Connect package the most, also seem to be the people who defend this practice or at least turn a blind eye to it.

Sky are not blameless in this, they should be able to put a stop to it, the only reason I think they don't is that it is packaged withing the TV side of things and I don't think they want to lose that business because they kick someone off the broadband.

Point the finger at the people who are the main cause, the heavy downloaders.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sorry yunorisson,

This was not directed at you, it was more a view that people who take more than their share are doing it at the detriment to others.

What I do find strange though, the people on here who seem to shout about the Connect package the most, also seem to be the people who defend this practice or at least turn a blind eye to it.

Sky are not blameless in this, they should be able to put a stop to it, the only reason I think they don't is that it is packaged withing the TV side of things and I don't think they want to lose that business because they kick someone off the broadband.

Point the finger at the people who are the main cause, the heavy downloaders.
      I don't think we should hold our breath while waiting for Sky to take the correct action. It is all down to greedy downloaders as you say, plus large numbers of customers eating up the bandwidth between 5pm and 12 midnight and Sky not playing their part and facing up to the problem.