Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 115 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
    Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1882

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

This is a discussion on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yes I hammer my line with P2P stuff 24/7. The throttling started months ago. At 5pm the speed visibly deteriorates, ...

JaXanim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: A Galaxy near you
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Yes I hammer my line with P2P stuff 24/7. The throttling started months ago. At 5pm the speed visibly deteriorates, by 6pm it virtually at a standstill. Mid-evening, I get a few b/s only. Uploading is fine 50Kb/s throughout. After midnight, everything comes back.
      Sky appear to penalise me by turning off my email service. I can't even logon most evenings till midnight. I guess I should turn it all of till the wee hours. Maybe I will if I remember. Maybe it's all my fault. Sorry!

JaX

2. Advertisement
      yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcoma View Post
      Well thanks for this insightful post, and no I did not read through 1000+ posts on this thread. Yes it does seem I am getting throttled like the rest of the people on here; does that mean I'm not entitled to post? Surely if everyone went by your view this topic would have a lot less posts?

If you have nothing helpful to add, why even bother taking the time to write out such a sarcastic post?

Anyway, thankyou again Steve for the help. I've contacted Sky again with the BT test I did off-peak. I hope with my speed being lower than dialup I'll have a chance of cutting my contract early!
      I do think you got hold of the wrong end of the stick. I have contributed over 50 posts to the forum and hopefully many of those will have been helpful to some.

After over three months of posts you begin to get tired of repeating yourself and would hope that any newcomers would take note of your previous comments. My post was certainly not intended to be sarcastic and if you thought that, then I apologise.

My point was that if you looked at my and the many other posts you would benefit from our well meaning thoughts and advice.

By the way, the post from 'I Am Not The Enemy' should be considered as biased as he/she receive their Sky broadband connection for FREE as an employee of the company.

I can assure you that my post was not intended to be sarcastic.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Yes I get it free, but it's not biased...I agree that it's a crap service IF you need low pings/the ability to download the entire Internet at speed BUT if you can actually schedule your downloads to off-peak where you get NO throttling it'll leave the evenings free to browse without being hindered and stream videos at will...

Surely if I can manage, as well as others I know (staff and otherwise) then others can too...

However, some people don't like change so jump ship the second somethings goes a bit wrong...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

yunorisson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Happily migrated to NewNet after poor service from Connect after 5pm
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      He moved ISP a few months ago, and now has fine speeds all the time so likes to pop in and let us know lol!!!
      My excellent speeds were not mentioned. Just advice to glean excellent thoughts and advice from previous posts over the last three months or so.

Forums are not just reliant on the last page of comments but on the whole picture, otherwise any posts become useless after the first page. Surely, as a 'professional' (your description, not mine) you should be able to understand this.

I do think that your input is extremely biased due to your working connection to Sky and more importantly, due to the fact that you get your broadband connection FREE from the company.

Politicians are under severe fire (rightly) for having connections to companies that could affect their views or judgements and I think that you come into this category in respect to Sky and this particular forum.

However, you are a 'professional' and you should be able to cope with this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yunorisson View Post
      My excellent speeds were not mentioned. Just advice to glean excellent thoughts and advice from previous posts over the last three months or so.

Forums are not just reliant on the last page of comments but on the whole picture, otherwise any posts become useless after the first page. Surely, as a 'professional' (your description, not mine) you should be able to understand this.

I do think that your input is extremely biased due to your working connection to Sky and more importantly, due to the fact that you get your broadband connection FREE from the company.

Politicians are under severe fire (rightly) for having connections to companies that could affect their views or judgements and I think that you come into this category in respect to Sky and this particular forum.

However, you are a 'professional' and you should be able to cope with this.
      Absolutely, agree the whole thread is needed to give the whole picture - anyone coming into the thread in this last page would have NO idea what's going on!!

My working connection nothing to do with being a staff member - I went through a good month of hell to the point of almost moving - but I learned to just get round it by doing major downloads during the day leaving my bandwidth free in the evenings to browse...others can do this also, it's not hard...

Now, comparing me to a politician is a bit rich - yes I'll defend Sky BUT I've always admitted there's an issue...I just give the other side that this thread fails to address - that Connect is fine for the money, and if you only need to browse then there's no reason to jump ship...IF you need a consistently FAST connection then move - I won't say don't as we all know Connect is crap for that but I'm 100% happy with it and if it goes wrong again I won't hesitate to move...

You are probably the ONLY person who's had an issue with what I post - seems you have the problem, not me...

As for the professional jibe - can't believe you still bring that up...how long ago did I say that?!?! Seems you've still not read it as it's meant to be read...

And I'm not trying to start anything here, btw...
      Last edited by IWasNotTheEnemy; 07-04-09 at 08:59 PM.

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Forums are not just reliant on the last page of comments but on the whole picture,
      That is why I think this thread has run its course and should be terminated. The useful information it contains is buried in dozens of pages and well over a thousand posts. Any one who has the time and patience to read through it all, deserves sympathy and to be honest can have little to occupy their time. I think it should be closed and a new thread started, called "Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down- Part 2." It is fairly easy to link back to a specific post in this thread, should anyone require to. The pertinent information can be consolidated in the open post. To ask anyone to read this full thread, is in my opinion, unreasonable.

I have no axe to grind, as I am not on Connect and do not work for Sky, but have sympathy for those users who are unlucky enough to be on Connect and need information.
      Last edited by Isitme; 07-04-09 at 09:59 PM. Reason: changed 'post' to 'thread' for clarity.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

That seems like a good idea - or someone go through and copy all the relevant posts with information needed...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Sarcoma
      Hi depends if they can make the speed usable 5pm to 12midnight as you say
      Shame really, the connection is fantastic in the day on my odd day off mid-week.
      Sky have to give you a workable speed at night 112kbps is not
      Cannings
      Hi sorry my explanation was not very good now you know as Gazz380 say`s
      that the to do it
      Gazz380
      Hi good post. Bt Performance test always tells me 3hrs do you know someone from Bt
      Both you 2 However, with the right proof that you are being slowed to an extent that its unusable ie: your speed tests, with about 3 days results all showing the same problem you can legally terminate your contract without having to pay a fee, and there is a bit in there T&Cs about it! if i find it or anyone else then it will help
      Less than 2 Day`s
      yunorisson
      Hi nice to see you are still posting hope you are keeping well
      IANTE
      Hi I see you are still getting a hard time and you still keep coming back for more
      a lot of Sky Customers mainly connect Customers want to shout at Sky and because they cannot they are picking on the nearest thing. They don`t mean to be personal remember when it was happening to you and how annoyed you were that is all thats wrong nothing personal
      JaXanim
      Hi do the Bt performance test as described in previous posts

Thanks

Steve, I keep coming back because people keep going on!!

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

In my eyes every post put on this Thread is relevant every member posted the way they felt and about what was happening to them or what other members felt they could do for them, so what would you class as information and not information
      Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
      Your DSL connection rate: 4064 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
      IP profile for your line is - 3500 kbps
      Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1245 kbps
      Last edited by steve16751; 07-04-09 at 10:41 PM. Reason: added test