Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Router dropping connection

This is a discussion on Router dropping connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; In that case its not the faceplate so the only thing we haven't changed is you so lets see if ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      In that case its not the faceplate so the only thing we haven't changed is you so lets see if that works

Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      Andrew is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Feltham LWFEL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi again.

My connection doesn't just slow down, it actually disconnects. Twice so far this evening - once about 6pm and then again at 7pm.

When I go to the Netgear Settings page it doesn''t show an IP address and the connection status shows as disconnected. It comes up again if I hit the reboot button.

If this is going to be permanant, it's going to be a complete pain as I like to leave my bittorrent tracker running in the background at all times. Perhaps that's the reason it disconnects?

Andrew.

jonandmarkuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ilkeston
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Is it true that if your connection is no where near the 16Mb and your getting disconnections Sky Tech can reduce the speed of the line to the Max that you can Sync at and improve the connection overall?
      If so, what it the easiest way to do this, can you just ring and ask the speed to be capped?. i.e will the first person who answers the phone have a clue what I'm talking about?
      I find I can have a steady connection of 5.5Mb all day but once it gets dark the connection will keep dropping and will generally be stable at 4Mb of so.

dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Problem is the disconnects are not necessarily speed related.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123