Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to - BT Order Tracking

This is a discussion on How to - BT Order Tracking within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; It seems that many on here (like me originally) are having difficulty tracking their order using the BT order tracker ...

Sky's The Limit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Lightbulb How to - BT Order Tracking

It seems that many on here (like me originally) are having difficulty tracking their order using the BT order tracker on the BT website.

I have been a registered user on BT.com for a long long time. However every time I went looking for my order (against my telephone number) I could find nothing.

I was going to www.bt.com and then 'HOME' on the front page, because that's where my telephone number is, right at home. When I went to HOME and Order Tracking, there was nothing there !!... no order. showing

Then I spotted something on this very helpful Forum that helped me and needs to be shared.

After registering as a user with BT.com and registering you BT account number and phone number:

1. Go to www.bt.com
      2. Click on 'Small and Medium Business' (not Home- even if you are a residential number.
      3. On the next page, look down the column headed 'Overview' and the 11th line down says: Track an order.
      4. On the next page click on: Track you LANDLINE order. (not Track your broadband order - thats for BT broadband orders etc).
      5 On the next page: where it says 'View all your orders' enter your username and password that you registered with BT.com.
      6. On the next page you should see the orders on your line specific to your BT account and phone number and you can click on each for 'DETAIL':

For example one order I have states: Provide LLU LINE SHARE PSTN
      (this I believe is Sky's order, placed for me for SKY Broadband).

Another separate order I have is: Cease (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM HOME 1000.
      This I believe is the cease order placed to end my BT Broadband connection.

My LLU order has not been completed yet, but perhaps it will arrive on the day my cease of BT broadband will be completed. I hope this will be the case for me and many of you other subscribers. I think it is supposed to all happen on the same day (old one off and then the new one on).

This worked for me when I couldn't find my orders on (Home) so I do hope it works for others having the same difficulty too. Let me know if my advice works and good luck.

Trevor
      Last edited by Wheelie; 24-09-06 at 07:11 PM.
      " A man is as young as the woman he feels "

2. Advertisement
      hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Stickied, thanks for taking the time to type that up

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      We Appreciate the time taken to make this Sky's The Limit

Great job

Thanks
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Ralph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWNEDG
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: 2x Sky+HD 1tb
      Thanks
      Am concerned my different message is not 'healthy' (previously ADSL free line)

Placed...........Description...We can do this on: ..We agreed to deliver by:
      14 Sep 2006...CHANGE.......25 Sep 2006............25 Sep 2006................ View detail

Detail
      We weren't able to retrieve your order information. This could be a temporary system issue, please try again later.

This has remained unchanged since the 14th
      LWNEDG
      Unlimited

Sky's The Limit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Arrow

If its any help to you Ray.

My letter from sky said activation on 21st September and my order on BT order tracking said 21st Spetember for LLU Line Share PSTN.

Nothing however showed up on the 21st September, but perhaps some prepartory work has been done at the exchange that I cannot see or us users dont need to know or worry about.

I am edging my bets that on the date of the second order showing on the tracker (cease BT IPStream Home 10000) on 26th September, my SKY service will turn up just after the cease has been performed.

The MAC authrisation proceedure is something most ISP's signed up to to provide 'seemless' migtration with minimal loss of service (up to a few hours without your old connection, until the new one arrives.

It makes sense to me that all of this work would be done on the cease date, hence cease and provide on the same day.

As for your case where you do not have ADSL already, I reckon that your order ought to show up on 25th September if thats what the tracker says.
      However please bear in mind that it has been posted on this site that BT are running up to 7 days late with completing orders.

So all we can do is stay patient and wait.

Trevor.
      " A man is as young as the woman he feels "

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats ok mine said 31st Aug from SkyBB and on the checker it says and still says
      Order reference XXXXXXXX
      Placed 31 Aug 2006
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 07 Sep 2006
      Status In progress
      Last update 23 Sep 2006
      Latest update Your order is in progress.

Items in this order
      Description Item Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      So if BT are to believed I don't have an LLU connection yet here I am all connected sine the 12th Sept go figure.

@Ralph
      That tends to happen a lot on there sorry
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Ralph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWNEDG
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: 2x Sky+HD 1tb
      Thanks
      Thanks Ray
      LWNEDG
      Unlimited

Johnny7 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: High Wycombe (SMHY)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Here is a link to take you straight there, although you will be asked to log-in, if not already logged-in to BT:
      http://snipurl.com/BT_Tracking
      John in High Wycombe

Littlejack is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'm confused here, what exactly is an LLU connection - I notice there is no mention of it on my BT tracker and although I'm apparently 'live' I have had to send reorder a router from Sky because either it or the line is dead.

Fox McCloud is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEMI
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
      Am concerned my different message is not 'healthy' (previously ADSL free line)

Placed...........Description...We can do this on: ..We agreed to deliver by:
      14 Sep 2006...CHANGE.......25 Sep 2006............25 Sep 2006................ View detail

Detail
      We weren't able to retrieve your order information. This could be a temporary system issue, please try again later.

This has remained unchanged since the 14th
      I get the same thing

Brand new line an all...
      Activation date 26th
      Im going to cry..
      Its not Skys fault tho, but the evil overlords work (BT)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast