Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband lost due to accidental telephone number change.

This is a discussion on Broadband lost due to accidental telephone number change. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have a landline account with the Post Office and Sky Broadband on it. Last Tuesday the broadband went down. ...

pommefrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 020 7602
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Broadband lost due to accidental telephone number change.

I have a landline account with the Post Office and Sky Broadband on it.

Last Tuesday the broadband went down. Eventually it was discovered that the telephone number of my landline had been changed accidentally through some fault at the exchange. In other words when I rang out, my number showed up as a different number (but from the same exchange) and you had to use this number to ring me. If you rang my normal number, it just rang and rang but nothing happened at my end.

After complaining to the Post Office a lot last week, this was fixed last night, but unfortunately Sky Broadband has not resumed. Sky say there is a fault at the exchange and it will take 6 days to repair. Christmas is coming and I need my broadband back!

Is this likely to be resolved soon or will it take the whole 6 (plus?) days?

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Re: Broadband lost due to accidental telephone number change.

Sounds like a stop start may be needed, if so it will take the full time scale to complete. if at any time you have a fault on your line it's an idea to let Sky know in case it triggers a cease automatically.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

unfortunately it might be longer...

i say this as if a line is ceased/changed in any way it can also cease all other services on it (BB included). in this worst case scenario, you're looking at Sky having to cease the existing service they think you still have and then reprovide it from scratch which im sure you can appreciate isn't a quick process.

best case scenario is BT going down and plugging you back in - i hope for your sake it's the latter...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Think its around 10ish days for S/S at moment but thats dependant on a number of things as IANTE has said, this is the scenario that makes us cringe when we see it on the system as we then have to tell the customer that due to the line issue/ cease their BB has been dropped off the line and may need to be re-ordered. Not a fun conversation to have with them