Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a last resort..............

This is a discussion on This is a last resort.............. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have spent the last 90 minutes trawling this forum and not sure what do do next. I've been ...

Hopeful is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This is a last resort..............

Hi,
      I have spent the last 90 minutes trawling this forum and not sure what do do next. I've been with Sky TV for about 8 years, after finding this forum at the end of 2006 I decided to take the plunge and got Sky BB last may 2007.

After my Sky box was on its way out last year as a gesture of good will my Sky box was upgraded to sky+ and the problems began...............

I have the Amstrad sky+ box so get the freezing and the box won't come out of standby and cannot access the planner because the box does not respond to the remote. Called sky 1 month ago, engineer came out hooked his equipment up told me the hard drive was failing. Went out to his van to get a 'recon' amstrad box, I refused and he left. Have been emailing sky since and todate have not received a reply. This is the email they sent to me after the engineer's visit.

Thanks for contacting Sky Broadband to advise of the ongoing problems you are experiencing with your Sky+ equipment and broadband service. I would like to offer my sincere apologies as I completely understand your frustrations.

Having checked your account I can see that our engineer completed his visit on 3rd November 2008. There is notification on your account to state that your viewing service is now constant which I sincerely hope is the case and you encounter no further problems.

I have been unable to determine why the speed of your broadband has been capped, although according to the technical notes this has now been removed as of 3rd November. However if you are still experiencing problems with the speed of your service, I would advise you to contact our Technical Team on 08442 410515.

In light of the issues you have experienced, I can confirm I have credited your Sky account with which I hope meets with your approval. Also, as a gesture of goodwill I have applied an offer which will discount your TV subscription by 50% for the next 3 months. Please note the credit on your account will be off-set against your monthly subscriptions until fully utilised.

I hope this information assists with your enquiry as we want all our customers to receive the best service possible. If you require further assistance or have any queries, please do not hesitate to reply to this email. Alternatively you can contact our Customer Services Team on 08442 414141 where they will be happy to assist you.

I emialed them back to say the issues still remained and that in light of my 'problems' the offer was derisory, and if nothing was done I was calling it quits, they are still taking money out of my account and NOTHING has been resolved.

My BB frequently disconnects, I'm posting now before I lose my connection again
      They capped my line for several months, then removed it and I had no BB for a whole day, the light is frequently amber or there is no internet light.

I spent 40 minutes or so this morning speaking to arrogant rude staff who refused to escalate or put my call through to a manager or DISCONNECTIONS.
      2 OF THEM SAID"No I will not put you through to a manager or anyone else" I slammed the phone down and kept calling back and got through to india!!!!!
      I can't even LEAVE SKY!!! I am ready to call it quits, their customer service is BULL and I'm paying for it!!!!

What do I have to do to a) get it resolved full or b) LEAVE!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!

p.ss This posting is condensed, believe me!!! There is a lot more I could rant about.

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: This is a last resort..............

In the first instance can you post your router stats taken from the test socket, and confirm how are you connected? Is it ethernet or wireless. Also can you confirm if you have micro filters on each telephone socket including the Sky + box. When you pick up the phone do you hear any noise on the line?

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

(1) If you called Sky for help with your Sky+, and the guy offered to replace your box with a refub why did you not accept it? Sky are within their rights to offer a refub as a replacement.

(2) Could you post your line stats so that we can offer an opinon on your BB problems

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

What happened when you made the changes to your internal wiring dealt with in this thread.
      Need help....can anyone explain???

Did you get it sorted out?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      (1) If you called Sky for help with your Sky+, and the guy offered to replace your box with a refub why did you not accept it? Sky are within their rights to offer a refub as a replacement.

(2) Could you post your line stats so that we can offer an opinon on your BB problems
      They may be in their rights to offer a refurbed box but I have read on this very forum where members have had numerous 'Amstrad' boxes replaced because of failing hard-drives!

Will post stats shortly...............

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      What happened when you made the changes to your internal wiring dealt with in this thread.
      Need help....can anyone explain???

Did you get it sorted out?
      Yes and no, there was a definate speed drop when connected to the test socket so kept it on the extension from downstairs after changing the socket as advised, after calling BT to test both sockets, they told me there was no fault on the line and I should contact SKY.
      My connection was stable until Sky messed with it recently and capped my speed, since then I have had numerous disconnections and noise margin dropping below 5 so pages not loading and have to keep switching router on and off in one sitting!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      In the first instance can you post your router stats taken from the test socket,
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 10279 kbps 765 kbps
      Line Attenuation 25 db 5.5 db
      Noise Margin 7 db 12 db

and confirm how are you connected?
      Main pc connected via ethernet +2 laptops connected wirelessly.

Also can you confirm if you have micro filters on each telephone socket including the Sky + box.
      Yes have micro filters on all as when 1st set up no changes.

When you pick up the phone do you hear any noise on the line?
      No noise on line!

In the first instance can you post your router stats taken from the test socket, and confirm how are you connected? Is it ethernet or wireless. Also can you confirm if you have micro filters on each telephone socket including the Sky + box. When you pick up the phone do you hear any noise on the line?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Your stats are showing that you are connected at the fastest speed possible, although this is a lot lower than your attenuation should allow. I think part of the problem may be the rather strange setup with the external joint box feeding 2 different phone extensions. You should really have one connection into an NTE5 box, with your other extension fed from there. I don't know if Brian was aware of your actual set up as he could not open your photo in the previous thread. If he can open it now, maybe he has something to add which may help.

You should really have accepted a replacement box, that is all installers will do. They are basically instalers, not technician trained in fixing components. They cannot open a box up and fix it on your livingroom carpet. The type of box the supply just depends on what they have in their van on a particular day.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: This is a last resort..............

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You should really have accepted a replacement box, that is all installers will do. They are basically instalers, not technician trained in fixing components. They cannot open a box up and fix it on your livingroom carpet.
      I understand all that but! I had faults with the box from day 1, and it is because of this forum that I even know half as much as I do, but SKY CS is simply not up to scratch and I have had '18' months of problems bar the 1st week that BB was installed. If it was a recon. thompson box it would have been ok. Amstrad are RUBBISH!

Sky are quite happy to take your money by DD every month and take their time in solving problems in their own sweet time, as long as you keep paying. If I dedcided not to pay they have a 'dedicated' revenue protection team to make sure that legal action is taken for any money owed to them. What about having this same dedication to LOYAL customers!!! or don't we matter anymore.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I haven't got much to add. Tom is right, the way to solve this wiring problem is to feed all extensions from the master. The incomming line should connect to the A and B terminals and not to any extensions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast