Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Setting up Web Access For a Buffalo Linkstation

This is a discussion on Setting up Web Access For a Buffalo Linkstation within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; HELP!!!!! Please!!!!! Ok Just bought a 1TB Linkstation and connected it to my Sagem Router. All works well in the ...

Jayz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Setting up Web Access For a Buffalo Linkstation

HELP!!!!!

Please!!!!!

Ok Just bought a 1TB Linkstation and connected it to my Sagem Router. All works well in the house and i can access it from any of the PC's in my house without any issues.

For some reason i can't use the auto confire option for the firewall on the router as it states that the firewall isn't UPnP compatable so i have to manually configure this.

Now i've done port forwarding successfully with Linksys and Netgear routers in the past (with the help of google i admit ) but the port forwarding on the sagem has got me stumped.

Could anyone help me set up the port forwarding. the IP for my buffalo drive is 192.168.0.3 (I think, typing this at work but am pretty certain that is right) and according to the buffalo instructions:

"Please note that the LinkStation or TeraStation is always using port 9000 for internal access to the Web Access server. "

2. Advertisement
      boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Setting up Web Access For a Buffalo Linkstation

Hi Jayz

I have the 500gb Linkstation Live on the Sagem Router.

I attempted to set up the Web Access a while back and it proved more problematic than anything. I did get it going but it wasn't really worth it bearing in mind the main issue of not being able to upload content to the drive. This feature is promised for furture firmwares but no more from Buffalo was forthcoming.

If I remember correctly the Upnp part does not see my router even though upnp is enabled, this was also the case with a Speedtouch 585V6 router I had.

I'll look at my setup tonight when I get home and see what I had to do to get it working if you want but to be honest its more hassle than its worth. I'll not be home until late though.

Are you doing this to access the drive from outwith your LAN?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yep,

Looking to have it set up so i can access files when not at home (if on holiday or even on my Iphone as the one i have is stated as being Iphone compatable).

Not looking to upload to it really mainly download when out of the house.

Any help you could give would be most appriciated
      Last edited by Jayz; 21-11-08 at 04:19 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Got it sorted.

Although i set up forwarding hadn't set up the service option. Set up the service, set up port forward again and bingo it works

docrob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Jayz, I've got same problem.
      Did you just setup a service to forward ports 20 and 21 and then used this service to set a firewall rule to forward incoming traffic onto linkstation ip (LAN ip), using any address in WAN field.
      Isn't setting up a service on ports 20 and 21 the same as the inbuilt service already setup for ftp (ports 20,21).
      If you could clarify exactly what you did that would be very useful as i have the same problem with sagem router which was never a problem with old netgear sky router, and it's driving me nuts!
      I'm using Dynamic DNS and the same username/password that used to work fine. the only difference is the router.

thanks,
      rob
      Last edited by Saturday; 10-12-08 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Removed full quote of preceeding post

Steven_Belfast is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Hello

As there is no Os on this its just file system why not just use a DMZ in the router ,
      Also within the router assign the ip address to the mac address of the device you are connecting and job done .

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for suggestion. I may try this but thought using DMZ had even more security implications. If is do try this i presume i put ip address of NAS in DMZ field and then are you saying to improve security i also assign a MAC address some where. Is this the MAC address of NAS or MAC address of outside PC trying to connect to ftp.
      thanks.

clearwater is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Hi, sorry if this is question is a little off topic but I have managed to set up my Router and Linkstation to work as an FTP. I can log into it remotely just fine. The problem I have is that I do not see the folder I have created as an FTP folder. I see the info folder and it's contents and I see a folder named disk1 (the volume name) which I cannot open as it contains nothing.
      Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi, sorry if this is question is a little off topic but I have managed to set up my Router and Linkstation to work as an FTP. I can log into it remotely just fine. The problem I have is that I do not see the folder I have created as an FTP folder. I see the info folder and it's contents and I see a folder named disk1 (the volume name) which I cannot open as it contains nothing.
      Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?
      Hi,
      Need a bit more info really.
      Have you enable ftp for the specific folder you want to access (in folder management). I presume you have.
      Also are you logging in anonymously? If using username/password have they been enabled for access to the folder in question - again in folder managemetn settings.
      Can you access folder via home LAN?
      Does disk1 open with blank window or do you get error?
      Have you tried ftp client software to access the ftp folder externally. Sometimes corporate networks block certain things and difficult to access using windows internet explorer/explorer. This is probably not your problem though. Always good to test on a number of different external PCs (on different networks) if you can as well.

clearwater is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Thanks for this docrob. I am pretty perplexed by this. I have gone back through and checked all the settings. I am logging in using the username and Password I have set up for my profile and I have given Read/Write access to the profile and I still get just the 'info' an 'disk1' folders.

I am using CyberDuck on my Mac at home on the LAN and only getting those folders so it must be something I am getting wrong!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast