Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help - connection problem

This is a discussion on Help - connection problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; For some reason I have lost my connection to Sky Broadband through my desk top. I know there is nothing ...

nurtonc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help - connection problem

For some reason I have lost my connection to Sky Broadband through my desk top. I know there is nothing wrong with the wiring because the lap top plugged into the same modem connects. Whenever I try to connect the dialing box comes up, attempts 10 times and then says unable to establish a connection. I know it is something to do with the set up, but I do not have technical knowledge and don't know how to retify things. I sorted out this problem when it occurred some time ago with help from this forum, but I have lost the print out instructions. I would be grateful if anyone could provide me with new instructions. From my reclolection of how I re-corrected previously, it had something to do with the LAN setting and I had to go through quite a lot of stages. I don't want to phone the Sky help desk unless as a last resort, as I have not found them very helpful in the past.

Thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      Ratcliffes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Help - connection problem

Sky are not likely to help this time either as this really isn't their problem - It is a problem with the setup of your computer.

If you open internet explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections and then click the radio button next to "Never Dial a Connection" it should stop this from happening.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Help - connection problem

Probably as above, never dial a connection should be ticked and nothing should be in the box below it. If not, then check you have no dial up software running for an old ISP and you may also want to run a virus/ spyware scan.