Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Intermittent Noise on the line

This is a discussion on Intermittent Noise on the line within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi. I reported my noise issue to BT about 2-3 weeks ago and they came out and ran tests within ...

Jono88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWPN
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Intermittent Noise on the line

Hi. I reported my noise issue to BT about 2-3 weeks ago and they came out and ran tests within the property, at the cabinet and at the exchange and they said the noise was still being heard in the exchange... they ran further tests and confirmed that the problem is with faulty sky broadband equipment in the exchange. Just to clarify, my internet seems to be working fine.

I reported this issue the very same day the engineer came out however nothing appears to have been done.

I have 2 questions:

1. Are BT correct when they say that faulty broadband equipment in the exchange can cause noise to come down the line?

2. how do i contact a senior member of broadband support? This is causing big inconvenience as it is affecting my voice calls side of the line and it has gone on now for nearly 3 weeks.

Many Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jono

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Intermittent Noise on the line

You need to call tier 1, troubleshoot with them and they will pass you to cst who can arrange an engineer to the exchange. I take it fitlers were replaced and the issue is still there?

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Intermittent Noise on the line

Wrong!!!

I hate it when BT do this.

If BT have determined that the cause of your issue is 3rd party broadband equipment at the exchange i.e. Skys broadband equipment, then their priority is your telephone service.

BT should have removed the broadband service from your line, ensured that your line was working correctly for voice calls, and then contacted Sky to inform them of the faulty equipment and the fat they removed the broadband service.

BT should NOT have asked you to contact Sky, and should NOT have left your line with the fault as it is.

We get this every day. It is simply BT being lazy, and not doing their job right.