Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

new to sky bb on max question on speed etc

This is a discussion on new to sky bb on max question on speed etc within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; well after while on phone this past week my speed has doubled last night from 4mb to close on 9mb ...

funkyfella is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01945
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: new to sky bb on max question on speed etc

well after while on phone this past week my speed has doubled last night from 4mb to close on 9mb wonder how long this will last here stats
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new to sky bb on max question on speed etc-router2.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Your stats show you have noise problems on your line. You should be getting very near the full 16Mb, but your noise margin shows you are getting as much as the line will take. If you are in the Test socket then the problem is with your external line. When you are plugged into the test socket are all your other extensions dead?

I just picked up what you said about being worse wired than wireless. The only way this could happen is if your ethernet adapter is badly configured or running on the wrong drivers. It should make no difference to your stats.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

funkyfella is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01945
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

will have a go when the boy aintdoing his homework at mo im into plug in frontroom but phone is in main socket but not in test socket tho .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12