Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awful Service From Sky

This is a discussion on Awful Service From Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Another cause of problems is the fact that BT will use a USB modem as opposed to a Router. USB ...

naza911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stechford
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Awful Service From Sky

Another cause of problems is the fact that BT will use a USB modem as opposed to a Router. USB modems will pickup up ADSL signals on lines where just about any router will no pick anything. The only issue is that the speeds will be crap, whereas a router gives you better speeds but is not as tolerant to faults. It may well be a fault at the exchange, bad joints, cable is loose somewhere on the DSLAM.
      What is surprising is simply the amount of people that are coming out to attempt to fix a problem with sky's equipment.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

What is surprising is simply the amount of people that are coming out to attempt to fix a problem with sky's equipment.
      Very true! In the past, Sky would send out 5 or 6 routers before even calling BT out once! It is especially surprising they are doing this for a free connection.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

naza911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stechford
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Very true! In the past, Sky would send out 5 or 6 routers before even calling BT out once! It is especially surprising they are doing this for a free connection.
      Although recently they are more easily sending everything to BT. A relatives line when activated did not seem to work. Nothing from the test socket or anything yet sky had claimed the line was activated. After many many calls there was still no sign of a signal. Tried different routers, brought different modems but still nothing. At no point was there a new router or even a mention of BT. The line is 500m from the exchange. Recently there was a problem, router got blamed first and then BT were reported a fault and although they did practically nothing, the exchange technician did 'turn off and turn back on the circuit', sounded like sky's equipment, can see how you turn off the MDF.

A lot of faults are blamed on BT although there seems little evidence. However Customer service has improved, at least they actually do something about it now days, unlike in 2006. Maybe they have some sort of agreement/contact with openreach?

Spoff is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samperry209 View Post
      tbh i would of left ages ago if this was me
      looking into other providers but my line can only manage 4mb. I'm getting 2mb for free, I'm reluctant to pay 15ish for another 2mb!!!

Also, I have my @sky.com email address registered in so many places, it's a hastle to change it.

Thanks

Finally working again, three routers, five BT engineers and two lift 'n' shifts at the exchange.

Have Sky called to make sure it is working as they said they would?

Have I had an apology for the shocking service I have had for them?

Have I buggery.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Maybe they think they don't have to apologise after spending about 1000 on a free connection. Can you name any other company that would do that?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I would think that Openreach will still be preparing their report for Sky. It's very likely that a lot of exchange work has been going on, and your line has unfortunatly been caught up in it, If this is so there will now be a bit of "arguement" between Openreach and Sky as to who should pay what and to whom
      Glad you are sorted now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Maybe they think they don't have to apologise after spending about 1000 on a free connection. Can you name any other company that would do that?
      As they're an 'service' provider and didn't provide the service for over a month they should be apologising.

And it is their incompetence that they spent so much money on this. The first engineer told them the problem was with their equipment and yet they send out three more before they looked at their equiment at the exchange.

Could have all been soted in a week.

I mainly want the apology for the amount of times I was cut off when on hold, and for the many phone calls they said they would make that didn't happen.

Stefmaister is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi there,
      I had no internet connection for a month ! and had the same awful support from sky .
      every time I called they started troubleshooting from scratch with the stupid beeping thing on the phone ( and no record of what has been done ) They kept saying was a BT fault and BT was saying it was a sky fault but they didn't talk to each other ...
      I spent 30 in phone calls , at the end I TOLD them to cancel and re-create my account and that fixed the issue...

unbelievable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12