Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Cancelled Our Connection with no Authority

This is a discussion on Sky Cancelled Our Connection with no Authority within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there this seems to be the place where i can get advice on dealing with the incompatancy of the ...

giza is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Cancelled Our Connection with no Authority

Hi there this seems to be the place where i can get advice on dealing with the incompatancy of the call centre bone heads!

The story goes:

We had problems when Sky offered us the sky talk and sold it to us to save money on phone calls. We accepted the offer then all of a sudden BT cut our line off! So loads of calls to them eventually resolved it.
      Then we recieve a letter of Sky to say because we were cut off they would cancel our broadband. So then another load of call to SKY and told them in no uncertain terms do we want the broadband cancelled and the BT issue was resolved. I had to pay 25 (which was refunded to stop this happening)
      Then BT cut us off a second time and we found out that they were saying that someone was trying to take over the line and we canceled it with them!Of course we didn't request this and again luckily have found the complaints department who instantly resolved this. We presumed that it was SKY trying to take over the line.

So we called SKY again expecting that we would recieve another letter to say they were canceling. Again we told the operative we demanded that it be logged on their system that we have not requested any cancelation on the bradband and the issue with BT was documented and sorted. We canceled the sky talk and told them that the broadband is required.

Now yesterday we were disconnected! 5 hours of calls and 6 operatives have told us that it was cancelled because they cannot give us the service on the line because BT need to upgrade it!!!!!!!!!
      When we did speak to someone who had a bit of knowledge and hearing 6 different stories, this person was described the process what had happened and it would now take 7 - 15 days to reconnect! Now we know that this can be sorted a lot quicker!

Where do we go from here? Any adive would be appreciated, we basically want the service to be resumed immediately! BT have told us the process in regards to how they cut off and reconnect. It can be sorted quicker and getting to a person who could resolve it is more than impossible.

I am now resorting to using the internet at work to post this and my wife is about to blow her top as she is self employed and relies on the internet to prepare and manage her business.

please help!

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sky Cancelled Our Connection with no Authority

IF BB has been cancelled, it'll be the time it takes to set up a new connection, 10 working days usually although can complete quicker...

IF your phone line has been cut off - and it depends which systems have cut it off - this is where things can go a tad wrong...quick way is that BT disconnect the BB cause of a fault (just a physical disconnection to get line working again) then it can be sorted in 24hrs if that.

IF BT system's have cancelled down the line - which sounds like this is what happened - then all services on the line will be cancelled with it, including BB. This is BT's fault and NOT Sky's...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply

It is Sky who have cut us off we have no errors with the line as advised by BT complaints who were more than helpful.
      The issue is with Sky they have cut us off! Why on earth in nowadays technology have they with no authority cut us off? We had two letters from them saying for us to contact them, which we did the moment we opened the letters. Told advisors that we DO NOT want to be disconnected at all and both time they didn't have a clue why the letters were sent and assured me that we would not be cut off. They then say they sent a letter to us on the 19th October which we recieved and once again called about saying there was a problem with the line. Again the advisor was a jobsworth and said we dont know why that was sent please ignore! I went through the whole story again and told this person to log the fact that we do not want to be disconnected.

They dont log anything that we tell them!

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

actually, it is BTs fault

Because BT cancelled your line, they tell Sky that this has happened, and Sky automatically cancel your broadband, because you cant have broadband without a BT line.

Since it was BT who made the first mistake, then that snowballed.

Unless of course Sky placed an order for Line Rental on your account. If this is so, then yes, it is Skys fault. But from the way you described it, it sounds like Sky just took over your call package, leaving your line rental with BT.

The thing is, as far as I am aware, if you are leaving a company who provides your line rental, you need to inform them before anything can be done, just like with broadband. So if BT processes an order without your say, then they are to blame. Unless I'm mistaken that is.

Update: sorry, it seems that you don't need to speak to your current line rental provider if you want to switch line rental, so if Sky accidentally made a line rental oreer on your account, then that would have caused the second BT disconnection, but not the first.
      Last edited by indefatigable; 07-11-08 at 11:59 AM. Reason: update

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

also, just cause it's on system you've not wanted to cancel, the system will still do it if something else tells it to...be it Sky OR BT...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi

I think we are misunderstanding each other here and i have not explained it fully.

I agree that once BT cancel a line the system would notify Sky and it automatically would cancel the broadband.
      We were a couple of days out of use with the line until we noticed something was not right.

FACT

We have had broadband service as usual until yesterday!
      Upon BT cancelled the line the first time a letter was generated from sky to notify us that the bb had been cancelled due to us not having a line. Not once did we lose connection to the bb even though the line was inactive with BT. BT got the line working again the same day (after hours of calls). Once the letter was received from Sky we phoned them to inform them of what was happening, told them the service was still on and we didn't want it to be disconnected. They had to put a new order in (25) off me to ensure that the line would countinue. To be fair to them it was all ok and working till yesterday. The second time BT line was dropped was again resolved in less than an hour by a nice complaints number we had found! Instinctivly we knew that Sky would have had another notification of cut off and after sorting BT Sky were called. This time the line was probably out 3 hours max. BB was still working fine. The advisor was told about the disconnection and told we do not want to lose our bb connection. This said advisor assured us that we would not lose connection (asked him 4 times with assurance each time)
      After this no letter was generated that the bb was going to be cancelled! We had a letter though that was stating they had trouble with the line. Again we called and the numbskull told us that he had no idea why it was generated! Explained the story again for the 6000th time to them told him to log our conversation AGAIN and AGAIN told him we do not want to be cut off the broadband no matter what!

Now my problems are:

1) Operatives do not listen and log conversations and requests.
      2) We have been cancelled when we have requested them not too.
      3) They can send opensource to disconect us either by computer or engineer but cannot and will not help us when this is not our fault at all! Its a case of poor communication on their part.

BTW bb has been working fine all this time until yesterday a 3.30pm!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      also, just cause it's on system you've not wanted to cancel, the system will still do it if something else tells it to...be it Sky OR BT...
      Surely in the company someone can stop this!

Oh i also forgot to say that my last conversation with Sky was that according to their records the bb was cut off from 19th October yet we have had a connection up until yesterday. Seems as their system is telling porky pies!
      I have lost total confidence in both the advisors and management at Sky!

Latest

Sky have emailed back management to resolve and escalate this? We will be informed with 48 - 72 hours!

Pay peanuts get monkeys!
      Last edited by giza; 07-11-08 at 12:53 PM.

TheVoyager is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: WRBRIX
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Unl.Fibre
      Router: TP-Link VR2600
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB *2
      Thanks

Just to let you know, SKY is a home service so I would not mention that your SO uses it for business, otherwise they may never reconnect you.
      Bob

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giza View Post
      Hi

I think we are misunderstanding each other here and i have not explained it fully.

I agree that once BT cancel a line the system would notify Sky and it automatically would cancel the broadband.
      We were a couple of days out of use with the line until we noticed something was not right.

FACT

We have had broadband service as usual until yesterday!
      Upon BT cancelled the line the first time a letter was generated from sky to notify us that the bb had been cancelled due to us not having a line. Not once did we lose connection to the bb even though the line was inactive with BT. BT got the line working again the same day (after hours of calls). Once the letter was received from Sky we phoned them to inform them of what was happening, told them the service was still on and we didn't want it to be disconnected. They had to put a new order in (25) off me to ensure that the line would countinue. To be fair to them it was all ok and working till yesterday. The second time BT line was dropped was again resolved in less than an hour by a nice complaints number we had found! Instinctivly we knew that Sky would have had another notification of cut off and after sorting BT Sky were called. This time the line was probably out 3 hours max. BB was still working fine. The advisor was told about the disconnection and told we do not want to lose our bb connection. This said advisor assured us that we would not lose connection (asked him 4 times with assurance each time)
      After this no letter was generated that the bb was going to be cancelled! We had a letter though that was stating they had trouble with the line. Again we called and the numbskull told us that he had no idea why it was generated! Explained the story again for the 6000th time to them told him to log our conversation AGAIN and AGAIN told him we do not want to be cut off the broadband no matter what!

Now my problems are:

1) Operatives do not listen and log conversations and requests.
      2) We have been cancelled when we have requested them not too.
      3) They can send opensource to disconect us either by computer or engineer but cannot and will not help us when this is not our fault at all! Its a case of poor communication on their part.

BTW bb has been working fine all this time until yesterday a 3.30pm!
      fair enough, you called into the callcentre, and notes were placed (or not as it may seem)

however, when BT cut off your line, the broadband cease request would not be dealt with by the same department. Its dealt with by another department which does not have access to your account, and wouldn't see the notes that were placed. Its an automatic process, that really cannot be reversed until it has been done.