Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why Lie to us Sky??

This is a discussion on Why Lie to us Sky?? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have been a broadband Max user for some time now, and have never had this problem before now. And ...

Wirless is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Why Lie to us Sky??

I have been a broadband Max user for some time now, and have never had this problem before now. And before anyone gives me any crap on. "Oh I need to check my phone lines, or I need to test the test socket". it's all been done and tested. and don't blame it on the exchange either.

My Internet starts up as normal, and then pages will load and download, then about 3 - 4 hours later nothing, pages go dead. downloads stop. and status changes to Local only before cutting straight off.

I am getting ed up of this, and I want to know the truth on what is really happening. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. as I've read some of the messages on this forum. So Sky why are you lying to us and stealing our 16mb Broadband Max Connection??..

2. Advertisement
      googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Why Lie to us Sky??

Why are they stealing your connection. Could you post your stats please.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by googleme View Post
      Why are they stealing your connection. Could you post your stats please.
      Don't think I'll be posting my stats, I know what my stats are. Showing my stats wouldn't solve anything, something is up with sky. 16 MB yeah sure it is.

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Fair enough only here to help

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by googleme View Post
      Fair enough only here to help
      And I really thank you for trying, but in all honesty what good is posting my stats going to solve?. This problem has only started about 2 weeks ago, and I am getting angry even more when I get cut off. and my signal is lost. I have never, ever had any problems like this before now. And with reading other posts about the same problem I know it's Sky doing it....

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wirless View Post
      Don't think I'll be posting my stats, I know what my stats are. Showing my stats wouldn't solve anything, something is up with sky. 16 MB yeah sure it is.
      Are your stats showing you are capable of 16mb?

There's nothing wrong with my stats, but without sounding obnoxious, with the best will in the world I would never get 16mb. But that's my problem not Sky's.

Have you ever actually received 16mb in the past?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wirless View Post
      I suggest you crawl away and hang your head in shame. People here are very good at sorting problems that may take Sky a while to diagnose and they are happy to do it for FREE!.

Sky are not stealing anything from you, you have a problem and as most people with similar symptons to yours find it is their setup or their wiring your total ignorance and bad manners will get you nowhere.

I hope your internet packs in all together and they you will bother us no more

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Are your stats showing you are capable of 16mb?

There's nothing wrong with my stats, but without sounding obnoxious, with the best will in the world I would never get 16mb. But that's my problem not Sky's.

Have you ever actually received 16mb in the past?
      Hi Newsreader

I've never ever actually received 16mb. I normally get around 5-6mb which I am not complaining about. What I am complaining about is these regular cut offs.

I mean all of a sudden my pages load like I'm using dial up, yet I know it's nothing to do with my computer or phone line. and I highly doubt it's the exchange.

gagde is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dimsdale
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      I suggest you crawl away and hang your head in shame. People here are very good at sorting problems that may take Sky a while to diagnose and they are happy to do it for FREE!.

Sky are not stealing anything from you, you have a problem and as most people with similar symptons to yours find it is their setup or their wiring your total ignorance and bad manners will get you nowhere.

I agree these chaps are here to help and they have helped me a few times,by individual posters and the tutorials thats what they are here for.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post

Wow thanks for the reply Smithy, that has made my day. saying I've got problems we all have problems in every day life, even your self. Mine is with Sky. I don't know what yours are with. Like I said I've been happy and fine with sky for the past 2 years but now their starting to do this to me it's annoying..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast