Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

lady in need of desperate help!

This is a discussion on lady in need of desperate help! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My internet connection has been down since last wednesday and Sky have been as helpfull as ever! I keep getting ...

claire_hirst is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

lady in need of desperate help!

My internet connection has been down since last wednesday and Sky have been as helpfull as ever!

I keep getting foreign people trying to help me, and without being rude/racist i can not understand them...im getting no where, i ask them questions they can not answer and all i get is 'im sorry madam'...is that all they are trained to reply with?!!

I keep being told someone from CST ( i think) dept will call me back, and im just not getting anywhere

I have my own photography company and rely on my internet for uploading of images, im getting quite desperate now.

I have no internet connection light, I have moved all my PC unit to the main port in the living room from my office, im still not getting any where

I tried the test socket also. nothing.

Ive been with sky just over a year now never had a problem, all of sudden its stopped and im getting really frustrated calling being put on hold, and false promises of calls back

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: lady in need of desperate help!

I'm sorry but if the internet light is out, there is not much you can do except keep calling Sky and hope you get an understanding agent. I believe after 9.30 pm is best as you have a better chance of getting UK support. I am sure one of the Sky bods will correct me if I am wrong.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok finally got somewhere last night, apparently there appeared to be a configuration problem and we got it working through the test socket, tried it on back on the front socket cover yes it was working again, so moved it all back in my room- the next room along- started to synch then crashed.

Lady said sky dont advise you use the router in any socket other than the main one???...really? its been fine for a year in there???

So we set it all back up in the test port and now we're getting nothing again

Another 72 hours to do more tests and wait for the call that never comes....

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

It's standard practice to recommend using the first socket. You can get all sorts of problems associated with extensions. I have my router attached to the main socket and then distribute from there using LAN/WiFi. I'm sure lots of others do this as well.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

no more tests needed, it's proven to be dodgy wiring in the house which is the responsibility of the home owner...you probably won't hear from Sky as it's nothing to do with them...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Its just strange they never mentioned ANY issues with having the router in my room when it was installed?

I called BT initally and they said a call out charge would be 200 quid?!...

samperry209 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

yeah rubbish... if its a problem with their equiment then its free... i had numerous problems and after 2 years thanks to southern my new phoneline provider they got a bt guy out to me and it was finally sorted and no charge as it was a fault at the exchange!!

Thanks

So we set it all back up in the test port and now we're getting nothing again
      This would seem to indicate that the fault is not in the internal wiring. Either the router or connection to the exchange is faulty. Calling Sky to get the line tested is the only way to go. If it is OK, then a new router will be required. I am assuming the voice line is OK?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yeah totally fine on the phone line? So i should wait for sky to do more tests before getting BT out?

Thanks

Unless you want to be saddled with a bill from BT, call Sky. They will test your line for ADSL and if it is OK, they will probably send you another router.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast